Jambands.ca

Tell Me About......

otherones90210

By The Door bt Burt Neilson....

It occurs to me that though I listened the death out of their first 2 studio albums and the 5 alive album I have not heard so much as a note from the final studio album by this great band.

Is it anywhere purchase? Can somebody sendspace it if it's out of print and past the point where purchasing it is an ordeal?

For those that heard it what were your thoughts on it?

I like this album. To me it sounds like a more mature album, both lyrically and musically. I also feel very aware of each member’s individual contribution. I’ve always had a sense there was a difference between Jeff and Mike’s tunes, but it’s even more apparent on this album. The production is also different. I believe Jeremy recorded and mixed it. It sounds more low-fi / indie; which I believe was intentional (contrast this to Ben Kaplan’s fat studio sound on Orange Shag Carpet).

It’s different from previous albums, as any band that’s been around this long has to be. Enjoy it, it captures a particular moment in time for Burt Neilson.

Edited by Guest
sp...

I used to have this in my iTunes library but that library got wiped by accident so I now have to go searching for the disc. Orange Shag Carpet is one that I can't find anywhere. I had the disc 8 years ago.... maybe I leant it to someone but I would love to get a copy or mp3's. Maybe we can do a BnB trade?

Guest Low Roller
I used to have this in my iTunes library but that library got wiped by accident so I now have to go searching for the disc. Orange Shag Carpet is one that I can't find anywhere. I had the disc 8 years ago.... maybe I leant it to someone but I would love to get a copy or mp3's. Maybe we can do a BnB trade?

I'm certain that I have this one on my old computer in Ottawa. Remind me when I am in town.