Jambands.ca

Bluesfest Volunteers

bouche

I'm most likely working the Market shows, but I have a meeting Monday to confirm things. Its always a toss up to accept work or just enjoy the festivities..... Its not volunteer though, I get paid.

Jodie works doing pre fest volunteering painting the stage artwork. Seems like a good gig- she does about 20 hours of "work" (ie. having beer listening to tunes and painting) for the full pass.

One thing to note is that last year was a bit of a clusterfuck for her to pick up her tickets. Because of the number of vols she had to pick up her ticket each day (some people only get a few days worth of tickets I think was the reasoning). That posed a problem if she arrived during the rush of between 6 and 7. There was a huge lineup that took about 20 to 30 minutes to get through. And even though she had a full pass she had to go through this each day. Maybe to prevent resale of tickets I don`t konw but it seemed stupid.

I volunteered for a couple years and enjoyed it quite a bit. And really you don't have to work that many shifts and get a free pass. Plus the social interaction with people. I met Nyree Volunteering at bluesfest 2006 at the beer tent black sheep stage. Glad I was volunteering that year :)