Jambands.ca

Ottawa Bluesfest Barney Dansan Theatre

bouche

Does anyone know what the deal is with the Barney Dansan theatre at Ottawa Bluesfest? Does one need a special ticket for these performances? Is there any advice about lining up? Where does one line up?

Looking forward to the Graham Parsons tribute tonight.

It's great. The lineup, if there is one, is along the middle wall on the inside of the museum. (it'll make sense when you're there). There are ropes to designate the line area. Entrance door is directly opposite the gift shop.

Great area for photography if you're taking your camera bouche.

No special ticket needed. Small area though, get there early if it's a popular show. Guessing capacity is 150-200?

I will most definitely be taking pics. I took a couple 2 years ago, FROM OUTSIDE. And they were still nice. I'll try and find them.

I'm hoping to be there for john butler trio, at 7ish. What time would you line up at ? Are you going to the tribute?

I've had Love Hurts in my head for over a week. What a gorgeous duo.

bj8qnzwHUwo

There's a cool thing happening at the theatre this weekend (Friday and Saturday nights, 9:00pm): Mayfair Theatre Presents Night of The Living Dead Live.

This special event pairs the original zombie classic with live music, sound and dialogue. While the film plays, live musicians deliver an original score adapted closely from the film's existing soundtrack. Foley artists create live sound effects and actors perform the film's dialogue, both in-synch with the on-screen performances. Presented by the Mayfair Theatre – Ottawa’s oldest existing cinema since 1932.

Aloha,

Brad