Jambands.ca

Arcade Fire webcast

DevO

It was great. Sound and video quality was amazing. Looked sharp even at full-screen. It might be still re-broadcasting.

Show was pretty much the same as the 2 I saw in person this year but this time I was on my couch, so that was convenient.

I don't have the link but it's just a google away.

The intro video was very cool. The quality was outstanding but you could tell that they had backup lower quality feeds for when traffic and server stress levels were high. It would swap almost seemlessly to the lower quality stream, and then back up when everything was ok. There were a few dropouts with a "technical difficulties" message that lasted only 5 seconds at a time.

The quality was outstanding but you could tell that they had backup lower quality feeds for when traffic and server stress levels were high. It would swap almost seemlessly to the lower quality stream, and then back up when everything was ok.

That is good thinking/planning though. Cool! Was Terry Gilliam's influence at all evident?

The quality was outstanding but you could tell that they had backup lower quality feeds for when traffic and server stress levels were high. It would swap almost seemlessly to the lower quality stream' date=' and then back up when everything was ok.

[/quote']

That is good thinking/planning though. Cool! Was Terry Gilliam's influence at all evident?

The video overlay looked like it could have been put together by gilliam. It was on the back drop and mixed in to the main feed. Was that imagery at their ottawa show in the background, or was that Gilliam work?

spinner.ca

Overall, the webcast felt like your standard concert DVD: numerous camera angles on the stage and in the arena, and fans in the crowd singing along to their favorite songs; although, frustratingly, the video and audio feed cut out on several occasions. Looking back, it is hard to tell if Gilliam had much input on the webcast other than the short documentary and skit before the show (although he likely had a say on choosing camera angles to broadcast during the concert).