Jambands.ca

a dead show for a dead day

jon.

10-08-89 Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, Va. (Sun)

1: Foolish Heart> Walking Blues, Candyman, Me & My Uncle> Big River, Stagger Lee, Queen Jane, Bird Song> Promised

2: Help> Slipknot> Franklin's, Victim> Eyes> Drumz> Miracle> Wheel> Gimme Some Lovin> Morning Dew E: We Bid You Goodnight

last "Help> Slipknot": 09-12-85 [284] - Show billed as "Formerly The Warlocks"

AHHHHHHHHHH... thank god for the good ol' GD!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

Walking Blues - SWEET!!

but the Rooster on the 9th would give that one the edge IMO....

[Wink][Razz]

I think the second set of the secondnight says it all really.I was speechless for about a week after this show.

10-09-89 Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, Va. (Mon)

1: Stranger, Built To Last, Rooster, Ramble On, We Can Run, Jack A Roe, Memphis Blues, Row Jimmy, Music

2: Playin> Uncle John> Playin> Dark Star> Drumz> Death Don't> Mr. Fantasy> Hey Jude Finale> Throwing Stones> Good Lovin E: Attics

[Eek!][Eek!][Eek!][Eek!]

"Stranger" appears on "Without A Net" - last "Dark Star": 07-13-84 [359] - last "Attics": 10-28-72 [1082] - Show billed as "Formerly The Warlocks"

ATTICS!!!

quote:

Originally posted by SmellyPants:

i've seen Dark Star Orchestra before and it was very much like the Grateful Dead shows I saw...in fact they were recreated setlists
[Roll Eyes]

Yeah,I've heard em,since I can't cross the border I haven't had the honor of seeing them live,and I love em also,but they are not the Grateful Dead.

As you mentioned...Recreated...unlike GD who created those setlists.There was more to a GD show then just a setlist...

Not to take a single thing away from DSO though,they do kick-ass IMO.

Archived