Jambands.ca

Windows 7 Question

Dr_Evil_Mouse

Remember how when your wireless connection would kack out in XP, most times the problem could be solved with a right click on the bottom right icon and a click on "Repair connection"? There doesn't seem to be any such thing in Windows 7; either you get the "Troubleshoot problems" option, most of which needs you to already be connected to the internet, or the "Network and Sharing Center" option, which, when I go there, doesn't show any of the networks in range - just that I'm not connected to anything. Can't find a disconnect/reconnect, or disable/enable, or anything. Anyone know what I'm talking about? This is driving me crazy - I have to restart my computer every time this happens. Help!

try unplugging your router and plugging it back in. if that works it's much faster than rebooting your computer.

Agreed. I've also found that my cordless home phone will interrupt my wireless connection - I believe they use the same frequency.

that happens to me to. I even changed the frequency of the router but it still happens. Pretty fucking annoying when I'm streaming a show to the television and someone calls.

• 3 weeks later...