Jambands.ca

Crosby

Jakis

That was really good, and Im looking forward to the rest of the series. There were some hilarious one-liners too. Ovie, talking to the ref when Semin got kicked out for drawing blood on a cross check: "Maybe he has sensitive skin". Or, I forget who from Pitt, entering the room at practice: "Hey guys....Fuck you Gino". Also learned Bruce Boudreau is kind of a pansy and is likely the reason Washington has never lived up to their potential.

The show is loaded with gems like those, the hour just flew by. So cool that they had footage of the Caps/Rangers game that was only 3 days old.

I liked the scene with Ovechkin lying on top of Brandon Dubinksy after their fight:

Dubie: "Good job buddy!"

Ovie: "Good job buddy!"

I'll say this about Crosby, and its not his fault, but it's damn annoying to listen to the guys on Sportsnet and TSN talk about him in the same breath as Mario Lemieux or Wayne Gretzky. There should be a moratorium on such discussion until the guys has been in the league for at least 10 years and has won multiple cups. And that should go for all players in all sports.

Guest Low Roller

Steckel is my first star of the week for that hit.

Notice how not a single player showed any concern for Crosby other than some stick taps before skating off.

• 4 weeks later...

Some results from the latest NHL player poll will make Rollers head spin:

Crosby finished atop the voting in five categories — the smartest, the toughest forward to play against, the toughest player overall to face, the best role model, and top player to start a franchise with.