Jambands.ca

BBQ question...

rubberdinghy

A couple of years ago, my wonderful wife, and some great friends, pitched a pile of money together to buy me a beautiful BBQ.

I decided to make some ribs last night, and noticed some of the grills were a bit rusty.

They "were" porcelain coated cast iron grills but I think after many uses the porcelain coating is coming off.

Should I shell out tons of money for new grills or is ok to keep using these ones, but keep them oiled really well?

What do you think.

Are you using a wire brush on the porcelain? If so, I think it might be the cause of the delamination and eventual rusting.

A well seasoned cast grate it's fairly impervious, but I've discovered a solid BBQ cover can help extend the parts of the 'Que as well. I've already ruined a few BBQ's by not covering them. Won't do that again.

they are soooo spensive....I think I'll just keep using the ones I got now and keep them oiled if that'll do the trick...

Yeah...wire brush'd....

I made a horrible mistake one night and left the damn thing on high for about two hours. I'm pretty sure that's what caused the problems.