Jambands.ca

Juno Awards

DevO

Have a lineup that has become impossible to ignore. I don't think I can pass this up, even though I've blown a ton of money on concert tickets already this month. (The cheapest seat at this point costs $130).

http://junoawards.ca/2011/03/17/powerhouse-lineup-of-performers-set-to-pay-tribute-to-canadian-legends-on-the-2011-juno-awards/

Toronto, ON (March 17, 2011) – CTV and The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) announced today an additional group of musicians set to perform on its broadcast of THE 2011 JUNO AWARDS. Appearing on the special two-and-a-half-hour 10th anniversary broadcast, and helping to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the JUNO Awards is an exciting group of Canadian talent performing together to pay tribute to some of Canada’s most legendary performers. The musical tribute is directed and arranged by Blue Rodeo’s Jim Cuddy, who is also participating. The tribute also features City and Colour, Derek Miller, Garth Hudson, Greg Keelor, Justin Rutledge, Sarah Harmer, Sarah Slean and The Sadies.

With an already amazing lineup, THE 2011 JUNO AWARDS will feature more performances

and appearances than ever before. Already announced to perform on this year’s broadcast

are Arcade Fire, Broken Social Scene, Chromeo, Down With Webster, Hedley, Johnny Reid,

and Sarah McLachlan. Scheduled to appear as presenters this year are the Barenaked

Ladies, Bryan Adams, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Daniel Lanois, deadmau5, The Honourable James

Moore, K’Naan, Lady Antebellum’s Charles Kelley, Robbie Robertson, Rush’s Alex Lifeson

and Geddy Lee, Shad and Tokyo Police Club.

Additional performer and presenter announcements will be released next week.

Ticket prices for THE 2011 JUNO AWARDS are $213.75, $112.00 (includes HST) plus

additional service fees and can be purchased through Ticketmaster www.ticketmaster.ca or

by phone at 1-855-985-5000.

AND: Neil Young will be the recipient of the 2011 Allan Waters Humanitarian Award.

Edited by Guest

So the Last Waltz reprise that I was hoping for isn't going to pan out. Still looks like a great show though, don't it?

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/music/2011/03/24/17740686.html

'Love letter to Toronto' theme for Junos

The Juno Awards' 40th anniversary show on Sunday at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto (CTV, 8 p.m.) has been dubbed a "Love Letter to Toronto," and will sees current artists pay tribute to Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Gordon Lightfoot and The Band.

Arranged by musical director Jim Cuddy (Blue Rodeo), City and Colour will perform Young's Old Man; Sarah Harmer performs Mitchell's Carey; Sarah Slean and Cuddy perform Lightfoot's If You Could Read My Mind; Kevin Hearn performs The Band's The Genetic Method; and Hearn, Derek Miller, Blue Rodeo's Greg Keelor, Justin Rutledge, Serena Ryder and The Sadies perform The Band's The Shape I'm In.

Garth Hudson of The Band, previously announced as a performer, now won't take part in the 40th anniversary tribute because of illness.

Also, Tokyo Police Club is now performing on the broadcast, electronic artist Chilly Gonzales will make a special appearance with host Drake, and Feist has been added as a presenter.

The announcements coincide with the release of a new block of tickets for the Junos show ($213.75, $112, $62.25), which are on sale at Ticketmaster, ticketmaster.ca or 1-855-985-5000. The ducats were released after the stage was constructed at the ACC.

Edited by Guest

Ahhhh I didn't go to it. In fact I was out for dinner and missed most of the broadcast as well.

Bummed that I missed the section with The Sadies, Keelor, Cuddy, Sarah Harmer, etc etc. How was that?

Great to see Neil take the stage, and I do find it pretty amusing that he won artist of the year. I was digging the audio during Arcade Fire's performance.

Also amusing is the fact that Drake, who was the host, was nominated for something like 6 Junos and won none of em.

There were a ton of great club shows this weekend as part of JunoFest.. But I missed all of those too.

Edited by Guest

The tribute part was 'meh' imho. Sarah Harmer was good, as were Jim Cuddy and Sarah Slean... but aside from Kevin Hearn playing an actual Lowrey orgran and taking a great synth solo, the rest of it and the "Shape I'm In" was pretty bland and lifeless, even with Sadies behind it. It's supposed to be a desperate song, right on the edge of completely crashing... but no one really treated it that way. They made it boring.