Jambands.ca

Very simple computer question

Velvet

I like the google toolbar and use it constantly. Quite some time ago (remember my "I hate computers" thread?) I noticed the google toolbar was basically hidden, just a strip of grey all the way across where the tools used to be, the only thing that remains is an x on the left hand side. I guess I must have accidentally hit ctrl + something and made the toolbar all but go away.

I've tried disabling it and reinstalling, but it comes back just as it is now, which is useless.

Any idea how I can get my toolbar back?

I assume IE means internet explorer. My IE seems to have no VIEW button, but under tools I clicked toolbars and then clicked google, which brought me to the uninstall option I've tried oh so many times before. Following your other helpful option I ended up reinstalling the toolbar without uninstalling it first. And it worked!

You knew that was gonna happen, didn't you Booche?

'Red-faced traffic bosses are investigating how pranksters altered a set of pedestrian lights to show a couple making love whenever they turned green. The lights - in Nimwegen, Holland - literally stopped the traffic when passers by stopped to gawp at them during rush hour. One officer said: 'People kept pressing the button to see the couple having sex and of course every time they did, the traffic had to stop suddenly. We had quite a lot of rear end shunts from drivers who were too distracted.' Transport officials are investigating how computer hackers managed to get into the town's traffic light system to manipulate the image. A Town Hall spokesman said: 'We are looking at who had access and opportunity' - Metro.