Jambands.ca

GTA Frame Stores ???

MoMack

Anyone have any good frame store referrals for the GTA, or even K-W / Hamilton/Brantford etc.?

I have a bunch of stuff I need to get done and it sure ain't cheap. Went to the closest one to my house and a couple were going to cost almost $300 each - and I didn't even love what we had picked out.

My next plan was to buy the stuff and do it myself, but I'm wisening up there.

Any tips?

ps. why do all the concert posters have to be weird sizes anyways? Damn hippies.

Syllogy on the Danforth is a good frame store. They did a nice job on my wife's theatre poster. We also bought some nice looking photo frames from there too. Reasonable prices. The shop is located just two blocks east of Broadview & Danforth, on the south side beside the LCBO (and a few shops down from the Danforth Music Hall).

http://maps.google.ca/maps?rlz=1T4GGLL_enCA394CA394&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=syllogy+danforth&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=syllogy+danforth&hnear=0x89d4cb90d7c63ba5:0x323555502ab4c477,Toronto,+ON&cid=0,0,10482759296866311056&ei=cW3MTYXPBuLo0QG06ZSiBA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CCMQnwIwAw

i've used telegramme in TO a couple of times (in leslieville) they specialize in posters and have a range of options.

but, framing is still pricey. its worth it even just to check them out for ideas then go somewhere else?

http://www.telegramme.ca/

i've also used the framing warehouse in hamilton (john st.) they do great work as well, and you can do some of the work yourself if you're so inclined.

In case anyone is following this thread - I went to Telegramme and it was AWESOME. They do a lot of concert print framing. They were very helpful. And the prices were way lower then the other frame store I tried. (I'm getting 4 done for less than 2 would have been at the first place and I like what they showed me better ta boot).

No finished product yet - but very excited.