Jambands.ca

Black Sabbath to reform for tour and new album with original lineup

Jay Funk Dawg

BLACK-SABBATH.jpg

http://counteract-magazine.com/2011/08/16/black-sabbath-to-reform-for-tour-and-new-album-with-original-lineup/

The news that every Brummie metalhead has been longing for – Birmingham’s very own Black Sabbath are set to reform!

Black Sabbath formed in 1969 in Aston, Birmingham and are still to this day one of the world’s biggest heavy metal bands. With the original lineup that features Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward, Sabbath will record a new studio album and head out on tour next year.

Speaking to the Birmingham Mail, Tony Iommi had this to say:

‘‘We’re really looking forward to it and I think the stuff we’ve been writing is really good,’’ said 63-year-old Iommi. ‘‘It’s more back to the old original stuff.’’

He added that the reunion has been kept under wraps for some time.

‘‘It’s all been very hush-hush. Ozzy’s been the worst at trying to hold it back. He’s doing a lot of TV and he’s being asked stuff about a reunion and he’s going ‘well I never say never’.

‘‘He told me, ‘I don’t know what to say’.â€

Ha Ha! A dude on another board I frequent is suggesting the re-union rumor, and subsequent quashing of it, is an elaborate publicity stunt to draw traffic to Iommi's website, where, lo and behold, fans can see that he's got an autobiography coming out next month!

Haha! If this is true, hilarious kudos to Iommi. However I must say, I ventured over to read the statement and didn't even notice the banners. They should have a graphic of a book to convey the message to the dumb people.