Jambands.ca

mark tonin.....

theDrew

are you the man that tends to organize shows in the k/w area, and did you hook up that gtb/fat cats/diesel dog show at the university of waterloo last year??

if so, ever think about trying to get any other bands to play the bombshelter again. the last show there was packed!! seemed like good times were had by all.

out

drew

Was a great time fer sure except for the extremely uptight security kickin a bunch of folks out for uncalled for/strange reasons...I almost got the boot for pretending to bowl,they just didnt seem to like the fact that it made no sense....

Sorry I know it was for Mark but I had to throw my two cents in.Not sure if I would hit that venue up again myself.The show on the other hand was simply great.

Hehe, yeah that was an issue also but most folks went outside,even then if you burned some herb or fired up a bowl they would drag you out,but I meant I was pretending to bowl..with a invisble ball.

They even brought the cops over to have a "talk" with me,which consisted of asking me question about drugs and my drug use and what I was on.

Welcome to jambands by the way.

Cheers~

quote:

Originally posted by theDrew:

maybe they just didn't like your form?
[big Grin]

hehe,not a chance as captian of the nero bowling team I have a pro-stance that is unequalled in the jam community.

Sorry guys....

Guess I sorta high-jacked this threadI guess....

Arrrrrrrrr!!

Hey Drew,

Welcome to the Sanctuary ... it's nice to see another person from the K-W area posting to the board. I don't think that I know who you are, although perhaps I do ... ???

Yes, I do promote some shows in Kitchener-Waterloo, and yes, the DDog/Fat Cats/GTB show was one that I put together. I thought it was a great show, both in terms of the turnout and musically/visually, but “intense security” was definitely an issue for some. I think the security issues were due in part to the nasty incident that had happened at Fed Hall (the other campus bar) on New Year's Eve. I don’t remember the security at the venue being nearly as intense when Jomomma and nero played there.

I understand that the Bombshelter is once again running shows after being shut down for a while. I called the Bombshelter a few months ago to see about running another show there, but didn’t hear back from them. It was before they opened back up, so perhaps I’ll give it another try.

Having said that, I do have 2 upcoming shows in Kitchener-Waterloo, and I am looking at putting together a few more in 2004. Here are the 2 shows that are coming up:

Fri. Nov. 28 upstairs at the Lancaster Tavern – nero with opening band Six Foot Groove and DJ Billy B – more info can be found by clicking here

Fri. Dec. 5 downstairs at the Walper Pub in downtown Kitchener (corner of King and Queen) – Diesel Dog with opening band Harvard Mouse - $5 at the door – 9 p.m. until 2 a.m.

I hope to connect with you at one or both shows Drew, and figure out who you are [smile]

Peace, Mark

quote:

Originally posted by theDrew:

hey mark

thanks for the reply, i'm definately looking forward to that nov 28th nero show, i've yet to see these guys do their respective things

i'll certainly be there, probably bringing a carload as well

See ya there my friend. [big Grin]

I'll bowl a frame as usual.

Archived