Jambands.ca

I'll listen to these Phish shows this weekend

MarcO

....and sit there in amazement [Eek!][Eek!][Eek!] of an amazing pair of shows, their 6th anniversary being this weekend:

11-21-97 Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA

1: Emotional Rescue*-> Split Open and Melt, Beauty of My Dreams, Dogs Stole Things, Punch You in the Eye-> Lawn Boy, Chalk Dust Torture, Prince Caspian^

2: Ghost-> AC/DC Bag-> Slave to the Traffic Light, Loving Cup

E: Guyute

*Rolling Stones cover (first time played). ^With digital delay loop jam.

11-22-97 Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA

1: Mike's Song-> I Am Hydrogen-> Weekapaug Groove, Harry Hood, Train Song, Billy Breathes, Frankenstein, Izabella

2: Halley's Comet*-> Tweezer > Black Eyed Katy > Piper > Run Like an Antelope**

E: Bouncing Around The Room, Tweezer Reprise

*Before they started the set, the crowd chanted the beginning of "Destiny Unbound" (in hopes that the band would play it). Trey acknowledged the chant by saying that he couldn't hear what was being sung; that it sounded like some kind of "death chant"; and asked if this was the point in the show where they do the human sacrifice. No "Destiny Unbound" was played or teased. **With "Mike-O-Esquandolas" (instead of "Marco").

Fall 1997, baby!!!![big Grin][big Grin]

They're arguably not the best of Fall 1997 but some say they are, and I can easily see why. The first song of the run "Emotional Rescue" starts as a goof and then unfolds for 25+ minutes of insanity. Both shows are like that, and be sure to check out the "Halley's Comet" to hear Trey move from the sound of a "drooling troll on mescaline" to the grace of Pat Metheny in the space of 15 seconds or so. Just beautiful ensemble playing all over these shows and some nifty song selections.

I'm burnerless, or I'd offer them up, but look for 'em. They're everywhere! [big Grin][big Grin]

Archived