Jambands.ca

Avetts & City and Colour

edger

Just curious as to whether any of you other fine folk were in the audience last night. I headed down with Wassink Wild Card, c-towns and a couple other ladies.

I'm a huge Avetts fan. Hard to live up to the tone and intimacy of the last time they rolled through Toronto at the Danforth. I found the Amphitheater to be a little cavernous for them, but they held their own. Nice to hear some of their newest material again. Really great to see Bob Crawford back on the bass. I hope that means his little girl is on a healthy road of recovery. Their music and his experience really struck a chord with me due to timing and my own "somewhat" similar experiences with my own son. Seeing him back up on stage was really uplifting.

I had never seen or even really heard City and Colour before. Not exactly sure how I would describe their sound. They cover a lot of ground. The vocals were incredible. Overall I prefer having the full band up there to the solo parts. My most favourite part of all was definitely seeing our very own GoodRev and Daniel Romano up on the big stage. You guys sounded great and in my opinion are the most appealing part of the band's ecclectic sound. You are looking sharp up there too Aaron. Especially all blown up on the big screen!

Congratulations again. You've come a long way in a short amount of time. Wasn't long ago you were creating some buzz in our own little scene here in the Hammer as you started surfacing. So great to see you up there keepin' it all natural like.

Felt like I hadn't been to the amp for a long time. Heard Kiss and the Crue are in town tonight... ;)