Jambands.ca

unblock-us VPN

bouche

Check out unblock-us.com Free trial for 1 week ($4.99/mth thereafter). Setup is a breeze with a router. It'll open up Netflix with TONS of content from the US and UK. Also can watch clips from Hulu and other services blocked by border restrictions.

I'm blown away by the stuff that isn't normally available on netflix.

Told ya so ;)http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showpost.php?post/679508/

Not only does it open up a whole new Netflix universe, and Hulu, Pandora, etc. it also opens up all that contents on US tv broadcast sites. You can watch the extended interviews on The Daily Show!!

I haven't renewed my Netflix yet, but will soon. With a 300gig cap now with start.ca (like TekSavvy) I don't have to stress about bandwidth.

Absolutely LOVE streaming baseball on MLB.TV too!

Anyone know the legalities of this? I'm genuinely curious.

I don't think there are legal issues at this time to go through a gateway. I couldn't find anything. Seems very 'grey'. I think it should be illegal to block content that Canadian netflix subscribers are equally paying for.

Anyone know the legalities of this? I'm genuinely curious.

There is no current law in Canada that makes circumventing geoblocks illegal. Breaking a company's TOS is not criminal. You're not getting Netflix, Hulu, etc for FREE by doing this. You still pay them, they happily take the money. Read about it here:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=151107

I like the analogy:

What we are talking about is the electronic equivalent of a Canadian buying something from amazon.com rather than amazon.ca and using a mail forwarding service.