Jambands.ca

Hey Dinghy, do you remember this guy?

Hal Johnson

Do you mean this Dennis Vial? The complete bad ass from the Sault, who I don't recall ever wearing a visor because he was there to bust skulls?

8452148.jpg

6658c3f8-7674-4254-b31d-28c4f374c138.jpg

On a side note, the 93-94 Sens featuring Bill Huard, Dennis Vial, Darren Rumble and Troy Mallette, in hindsight, is an absolutely hilarious team. What a bunch of goons. (with Craig Billington between the pipes, yikes)

The guy was a monster, his fights with Rob Ray were something else.

I just looked up the stats for the 93-94 season, a 19 year old Yashin putting up 79 points and a whopping -49 +/-, with a smooth skating 18 year old Daigle putting up 51 points and a -42.

Who can forget that old blue line classic Gord Dineen, no goals, a bunch of assists and a -52. Our beloved backup goalie Darren Madelay, who I have absolutely no recollection of, GAA 4.36 (better than Billington's 4.59) with a SV% of 0.868 (besting Billie's 0.859). Of course we threw Mark LaForest out there a few times as well, his numbers were worse.

What an era for the Sens.

In 2001, while a member of the British Ice Hockey League's Sheffield Steelers, Vial incited a much publicized brawl against the Nottingham Panthers which resulted in the league handing out several suspensions totaling 28 games and fines worth £8,400 ($18,750).[3] Vial was suspended for six games and fined £750 ($1,675 Cdn) for numerous offences, including instigating the brawl[4][5] by cross-checking Nottingham's Greg Hadden, and squirting water at fans in the stands.

Britain's Press Association described the event, which escalated into a 36 man bench clearing brawl, as "one of the worst scenes of violence ever seen at a British ice hockey rink."

In 2001, while a member of the British Ice Hockey League's Sheffield Steelers, Vial incited a much publicized brawl against the Nottingham Panthers which resulted in the league handing out several suspensions totaling 28 games and fines worth £8,400 ($18,750).[3] Vial was suspended for six games and fined £750 ($1,675 Cdn) for numerous offences, including instigating the brawl[4][5] by cross-checking Nottingham's Greg Hadden, and squirting water at fans in the stands.

Britain's Press Association described the event, which escalated into a 36 man bench clearing brawl, as "one of the worst scenes of violence ever seen at a British ice hockey rink."

That's awesome.

Bronson-001.jpg

Bronson'd.

• 4 months later...

We won the league last night! If I could figure out how to post pics from my phone I would, but I'm also hurting pretty bad at work this morning. Celebrations went a tad late.

It was a faking riot playing with Dennis all year though. He yelled at everyone all the time, but in a fun way, if that makes sense. It's sort of how I picture Booche leading a team. Good times. I suggest you all find your own retired enforcer to help motivate you through shit, it works!