Jambands.ca

Anyone know of...

Fuckholes

If you go to a used book store that has a magazine section, you should be able to find a few old issues of Guitar Player or Guitar World that has Slide Guitar features. I own a few of these issues featuring technical slide theory by Warren Haynes and Roy Rogers.

However if I can give you a few pointers just ask. I'm not a music reader, but I'm not too bad on standard and open E and G slide.

all I can say is listen to duane allman.........the more u listen the more u'll understand .........not the technical side but the mind set..........the feeling.........it's all about the feeling..............the more u listen, it starts to become a part of u......It's like the FORCE...........FREEE ur soul..............................................................feel the music..................................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...............im a fucked up weirdo..........hopefully that made some sence......good luck BRA!CHEERS!!!!!!!

Duane Allman is one of the most accessible slide guitarists. He's also my guitar hero. Warren Haynes is accessible too, maily because he sticks to playing in standard tuning.

I like putting the slide ( ceramic ) on my third finger ( like Duane, Trucks, Haynes ) because it gives me better muting capabilities and control.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaimoe:

I own a few of these issues featuring technical slide theory by Warren Haynes and Roy Rogers.

Roy!!

Now thats one serious slide player,team him up with Norton Buffalo on harp and look out! [Eek!]

Cheers Jaimoe good call on all points.Especially Duane and about the standard tuning comment with Warren,I whole heartedily agree with that.

Hey Piegin,

Where the heck were ya,for one you should have been at the Bus/Logic show at PJC and for another we had a good little jam happenin at Schwilson's place afterwards...I got to playing some slide,even pulled off a little on the uke(was a first for me).Tell your bro(Skern) to get a hold of me.

[big Grin]

quote:

Hey Piegin,

Where the heck were ya,for one you should have been at the Bus/Logic show at PJC and for another we had a good little jam happenin at Schwilson's place afterwards...I got to playing some slide,even pulled off a little on the uke(was a first for me).Tell your bro(Skern) to get a hold of me

yeh esau i was pretyt impressed with yer skills on the slide there,,, good stuff for shor.

not bad for an old timer [Wink][Razz]

Archived