Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Stones @ ACC Thurs June 6

Marcust99

Hope everyone has a good time.

i thought you were planning to get tickets out front for cheap? did you go to the last show?

I couldn't make the last one. I did plan on standing outside the show until I got in for $20. It's worked for me a ton of times in the past. I just can't afford to head from Guelph to Toronto and back without a guarantee of getting in.

Also, ACC was one of the most difficult venues I've snuck into. It took a lot of energy and risk to get in there on the 40 Licks tour and I'm in worse shape than I was back then.

No guest? No problem. GREAT fun show last night. I enjoyed it much better then May 25. Had the $85 mystery seats again and ended up in 323 (about 2/3 of the way back uppper). Not bad but I was on a mission to get an upgrade. Long story short and much social engineering later, 2 songs in we were sitting in 108 (lower bowl in line with the end of the lip). Excellent seats. So glad to get CYHMK with Mick Taylor. Was neat to hear Jagger talk about Come On, their first single released 50 years ago TODAY! Charlie played a bit of it and Mick sang a few bars then it petered out. Oddest part of the night was the web vote of Worried About You. Odd in that I find it hard to believe that fans would pick this over Sweet Virginia or even Loving Cup. NOBODY in the crowd knew the song at all and it kinda threw the flow of energy in the show off a bit. Jagger handled the falsetto parts very well though.The highlight of the night for me though was the Midnight Rambler. Mick T just shredded on it and it seems Jagger gave him much more room to play then on May 25. Really really great stuff. If that was possibly the last Toronto show, then it was an excellent way to send off. Thank you Rolling Stones.

I'm uploading a few videos and will post shortly.

I wasn't at the show but does anyone else find it strange the way they use Mick Taylor? He seems to come on for a song, go backstage for a bit, come out for another song, etc. If he's on tour with them why not sit in for the whole show?

I guess maybe because he only plays on songs which he recorded with the Stones? I dunno, just seems a little weird to me.

Edited by Guest

Not bad but I was on a mission to get an upgrade. Long story short and much social engineering later' date=' 2 songs in we were sitting in 108 (lower bowl in line with the end of the lip).[/quote']

I want the long version! What was your trick?

Will have to later today. Sucks but I actually have work to do today :-(

A little disappointed in both setlists for Toronto.

I'm glad I didn't break my bank or neck trying to go. I've heard all those tunes before and there was no flames at the ACC.

I hope everyone had a good time though and I'm happy that $85 deal worked out well for ya'll.

• 2 weeks later...