Jambands.ca

WIN TIX Grace Potter & The Nocturnals - Sat. Aug. 24th @ DanforthMH

Jay Funk Dawg

I'll be giving away a pair of tickets to this show, all you have to do is post in this thread; either a video, photo or write something nice about Grace Potter.....

src="https://d2q0qd5iz04n9u.cloudfront.net/_ssl/proxy.php/http/gallery.mailchimp.com/b50d8c69f5ebf0e93eec36b09/images/LivNat_GracePotterN_poster_11x17_1_.jpg"

style="width: 517px; height: 800px;" width="517" />

Live Nation Presents

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals

Saturday, August 24th, 2013

Danforth Music Hall

Doors at 7:00 PM / Show 8:00 PM / 19+

Online Tickets /

target="_self">Facebook

Grace Potter & the Nocturnals’ self-made 2005 debut album, Nothing but the Water revealed a musically sophisticated young band inspired by the music of the late ’60s/early ’70s and fronted by a then-21-year-old dynamo whose nuanced singing, organ playing and songwriting belied her age. The follow-up, 2007’s This Is Somewhere, confirmed that the band had no interest in following trends but was instead in pursuit of timeless expression as it forged its identity. On 2010’s self-titled third album, GPN, toughened by a half decade of nonstop roadwork, flexed their rock ’n’ roll muscles and confirmed that they were in it for the long haul. Now, seven years after hitting the radar, GPN take an exponential leap with the widescreen opus THE LION THE BEAST THE BEAT (2012). With this musically combustible and conceptually dazzling work, the Vermont-based band forcefully takes its place alongside the best of its peers while building on the rich legacy of its inspirations. During this a la carte age, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals have boldly pushed against the current, making a bona fide album that demands to be heard in its entirety . . . not that its 11 songs don’t utterly beguile on their own. “This album is really a different animal than our previous records—no pun intended,†says Potter.

“I think what people love about us is the energy we generate playing together and feeding off each other,†says guitarist Scott Tournet. “There’s a lot of drive in our band, and we managed to capture that on this record. We love the music that we cut our teeth on and it’ll always be part of us, but we’ve reached the point where we’re consciously trying to push things forward.â€

THE LION THE BEAST THE BEAT represents a rite of passage for a band that is knocking on the door of greatness. “This process was more painstaking than on any other record we’ve made; a complete labor of love and hate. I credit the Nocturnals for courageously jumping off that cliff with me,†Potter acknowledges. “We all took a risk and I hope that resonates when people hear the album.â€

“It’s been a journey, but Grace really stepped up to the plate,†says Tournet. “She had a vision and she stuck with it. When I listened to the mixed album, I was blown away by how slammin’ and ballsy it turned out. We went way deeper on this one, and it’s gonna be incredible to play live.â€

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Went to see her and the Hip in Buffalo a few weeks ago... misjudged my companion's travelling time, border crossing and traffic... and wound up seeing literally the last 6 seconds of her show. Then the Hip set was insanely rained out. Lookin forward to my make up show.