Jambands.ca

Nero covers first tube?

Daniel

I miss Mr Clark............... [Frown]

Dr Who Theme, Frankenstein, Peaches En Regalia, Gazeebo, Chameleon, Flurmy, Hockey Night In Canada and the BEST Pumpkin Songs when Shane would get soooo into it and have us all screaming the "Hey, Ho" 'sss

Cheers to Shane.

Thanks Daniel, I decided to check out some of Velvet's logs and came across this beauty from my hometown.

(in all honesty, I do NOT remember no opening act. I must not have been there. The only opening act I ever recall at the Scherzo was that dj and the white rapper kids..........)

02-15-02

nero w/???@ Scherzo, Kingston, Ont.

Hard to believe, but this was nero's first show in Kingston - essentially Ottawa's backyard. The Scherzo is a nice room and Kingston's a great town full of beautiful people, and a lot of folks caught nero for the very first time. That being said, a great crowd of people came down from Ottawa (and, is it Smiths Falls all you other folks are from?) and managed to control the dance floor (and the beer taps) all night. nero started late and played a solid first set. Their Herbie Hancock cover of Chameleon stretched into new levels of improv for the guys; playing with rhythm and abandoning structure completely before bringing it back home. Nice to hear. A huge crowd (cloud?) of conspiciaety gathered for communion outside during the setbreak, and soon nero launched into a stellar second set that was capped with a first-time performance of their new tune, Lemondust. This set got as heavy as Metlicca (fr. sp.) at times, and was really just a massive sweaty good time for all. Tonight's two stars are: Jay, for rocking really, really hard, and Brad, for performing some of the best dancing-while-seated I've seen in a while. I'll be kind and refrain from mentioning the opening band, except to say that the lead guitarist is gonna be really big some day.

All too soon a carload of us were on the road, with yours truly at the helm, trusty chocolate milk and untainted liver in tow. All too soon my alarm went off and rudely reminded me that my decrepit, sleep deprived mind had to go to work and educate the masses. For now.

Quote of the day: "You wanna buy our cd? It's only three bucks."

Hey, DONT get me wrong Del-Head. I aint some 'custie' complaining........ [Wink]

With anything, there is good and bad with everything.

(hehehehehhe)

Ok, I gotta get away from posting on boards. I am too fugged up for this. Actually Del-Head, wanna join the Custie-Mobile for Nero's Eve?

[big Grin]

Dude, we are partying in front of a computer, watching the Phish setlist come down............

Its Sloth's bday, and Gateaux's as well, coke and hookers. Well, the hookers wont be here til later, so you wont see me once that happens. BUT an 8ball definitely helps with the posting [Wink]

Anyways, this is what we have from the Phishies so far:

Set 1

Bouncing Around the Room

Runaway Jim

Ghost

What’s The Use

AC/DC Bag

First Tube

Frankie Says

Bathtub Gin

Free

Set 2

Waves

Sample In a Jar

Down With Disease

Walls of the Cave

Two Versions of Me

Hey Del-Head, if you are coming over, we need more blow. I seem to be hogging it.........

hey- if I can't go at least I got the boys back in time to run off for thier adventure- enjoy you fuckers- bring me good tapes!

and since I finally have a job after riding the EI for a year- (and if ran out in September so I was freaking in the last few months- especially trying to keep the concert schedule we do!) but at least I can afford to do new years! and a job is always a way to more shows!

Archived