Jambands.ca

ABB opens archives: Release 1971-08-26 A&R Studios

Esau.

I may be wrong, but I thought this was already released. Perhaps it was an unofficial, either way, still awesome.

The Allman Brothers Band just recently opened up their archives and pulled out a gem, as the band released Live From A&R Studios, a live radio concert held at A&R Studios in New York, NY on August 26, 1971. The performance featured a number of tributes to King Curtis, who had recently passed away after being murdered, and brothers Duane and Gregg Allman are in top form.

Fortunately, the album is available to be streamed in full via Spotify. Tune in to the nine-track album below, which includes a number of classic cuts like "Statesboro Blues," "One Way Out," "In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed," and more.

http://liveforlivemusic.com/news/duane-allman-shines-on-new-allman-brothers-archival-release-listen/

Available on Spotify premium & free.

(below: only plays samples)

15 hours ago, Rob Not Bob said:

The version of "You Don't Love Me" was available on the Dreams boxed set. The rest of the show , AFAIK, has not been officially released.

Yeah, further digging to satisfy my curiosity found that same info, as well, that I have it (from the FM broadcast) already. A google search did find it here on Amazon, from the 'Let Them Eat Vinyl' label on vinyl. It shows as being released in 2015, but the reviews from 2012 appear to be for the CD version from 'Left Field Media'. Seems strange to see a bootleg available like that on Amazon, especially ABB, considering how strict they usually are about that stuff. 

Like many other artists that have officially released versions of their more popular booted live shows I wouldn't be surprised if ABB (deservedly) wanted to get their due - as well take a chunk off the folks making a buck off their work. Regardless, great to see it official.

• 2 weeks later...

More Material From Allman Brothers Band Vault to Come, According to Drummer Butch Trucks

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7326483/allman-brothers-band-vault-live-recordings-butch-trucks

"Don't be surprised if we come up with more," drummer Butch Trucks tells Billboard. "We still have quite a lot of material, shows that were recorded in the early days. There's even a few when we were a five-piece, after Duane [Allman] died and before we added Chuck Leavell to the band [in 1972], before 'Ramblin' Man' and all that. I'm sure you'll hear more from [the Allmans] down the road."

On 4/5/2016 at 0:04 AM, Esau. said:

Seems strange to see a bootleg available like that on Amazon, especially ABB, considering how strict they usually are about that stuff. 

I have noticed that there are more and more of these bootlegs popping up on Amazon. It seems the vinyl trend has those boot companies pressing stuff on vinyl that has been out of print at least as far as the ROIOs go.

I just bought The Band - And Then There Were Four (live 1983) and Springsteen - Live at Winterland '78 boxed set for a good price on Amazon and they sound absolutely fantastic!

1 hour ago, Northern Wish said:

I have noticed that there are more and more of these bootlegs popping up on Amazon. It seems the vinyl trend has those boot companies pressing stuff on vinyl that has been out of print at least as far as the ROIOs go.

I just bought The Band - And Then There Were Four (live 1983) and Springsteen - Live at Winterland '78 boxed set for a good price on Amazon and they sound absolutely fantastic!

Nice. I've never even heard of that Band boot before. (just looked it up on amazon though). I've never really done much poking around on amazon for music as I always figured things like that wouldn't really be there. Interesting to know, thanks.