Jambands.ca

Grateful Dead to re-release all studio albums plus additional ep's

c-towns

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/11/grateful-dead-to-reissue-entire-discography-in-chronological-order/

The Grateful Dead have announced that they will be reissuing their entire discography, starting on January 20th with the 50th-anniversary reissue of their 1967 self-titled debut studio album. Rather than dump all of the studio and live albums on fans at once, the band will be re-releasing them as their own 50-year anniversaries come up.

Each album will be fully remastered and available in 2xCD and vinyl picture disc versions. The CD version will include a bonus disc of unreleased recordings, but the band has an extra treat for vinyl geeks. They’ve also announced a 7-inch singles subscription that allows fans to order reissued singles in the order they were originally released. The series kicks off with the group’s debut, “Stealin'” b/w “Don’t Ease Me In,” due out March 1st on white vinyl.

• 1 month later...
On 19 November, 2016 at 9:26 AM, c-towns said:

Rather than dump all of the studio and live albums on fans at once, the band will be re-releasing them as their own 50-year anniversaries come up.

Kind of a cool idea. I guess that makes this a 20+ year undertaking. It will be interesting to see how the format of the re-releases evolves, as I can't imagine that it will stay static just for the sake of consistency over the life of the project.