Jambands.ca

Ry Cooder

DevO

I got tickets to see him at Massey Hall on June 26th. He's been involved in so many projects over the years, I don't know what to expect. Anyone seem the Coods live before? Anyone know who he's playing with?  Whatever the case, should be interesting at the very least and perhaps an amazing show. His album Mambo Sinuendo with Manual Galban is so good and has been on my heavy rotation for years.

https://www.masseyhall.com/tickets/ry-cooder

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mambo_Sinuendo

I saw him a couple of years ago with Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White.  Very bluesgrass/gospel.  Great show.  He's so all over the map that, as you would expect, the type of show it will be will completely depend on who he is playing with. I'll have to see if my dad wants to check him out this time around; he's a big fan.

And thanks for the reminder about Mambo Sinuendo.  I lost my copy and haven't listened to it for years.  It's a welcome addition to this morning's soundtrack.

On 2018-02-16 at 10:04 AM, Asparagus said:

I saw him a couple of years ago with Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White.  Very bluesgrass/gospel.  Great show.  He's so all over the map that, as you would expect, the type of show it will be will completely depend on who he is playing with. I'll have to see if my dad wants to check him out this time around; he's a big fan.

And thanks for the reminder about Mambo Sinuendo.  I lost my copy and haven't listened to it for years.  It's a welcome addition to this morning's soundtrack.

Saw the same show and it was great.  Ry is such a fine, fine player.