mikey d

Thursday December 27th

The Gordon Best Theatre

Backlash Christmas Bash with:

The Diplomats

The Indeeds

Argyle

The Kung Futons

this is some of the p-dots craziest rock bands. this is an annual christmas party, as well as a birthday party for backlash founder, Ian Osbourne, who plays with the diplomats. The diplomats also feature pat walsh of the silverhearts on guitar and vocals. The indeeds (my band) play radiohead-influenced pop rock with a touch of punk and a soft side as well. argyle just rock out like none other and the kung futons are a punk band that have been floating around for a while but havent played since the summer.

its going to be a great show.

Friday, January 2ndThe Gordon Best Theatre

Seamless set show with:

The Funk Odyssey

and

Project Style

with openers:

The New Originals

this is bound to be a fun time as its the first seamless set show for either band ( i play with the funk odyssey). we draw inspiration from tons of different styles, but typically keep it in a funk vein. at this show were trying to cover as many artists of different genres that we can, with some brand spanking new original tunes thrown in, as we havent played for six months. I couldn't tell you what project style play, but they used to go under the name nature trail to hell in 3-d, and they were a wicked band with tight jams then, and now they have a slightly different line-up. the new originals play white-stripes- influenced blues. this will also be a great show, perfect for all you ptbo skanks (or any of you skanks in general.)

hope to see some of you over the holidays! [smile]

• 2 weeks later...

(bump)

the indeeds are off the bill now for the 27th . . . scheduling problems. . . I was looking forward to it as we havent played in a long long time, but whatever . . .i may be doing a solo set now.

the show on the 2nds still hapenning and im getting more and more pumped. we havent done a show in 6 months. were playing mainly cover material, as we dropped all of our old originals, but were working on a few originals that are tons of fun to play, and hopefully as good to listen to.

Hey PhishSTick, theres a chance I'll be back in town by the 2nd but its not looking too likely. [Frown] Any possible shows beyond these ones? I'll catch a show sometime for sure. We still gotta hook up that trade too! Last time I tried using my burner though, it was acting a little fussy. Also, I don't know if its fully confirmed but I think Nero's coming to the Trash on Sat Jan 10th! Also that's DownTown's birthday. We're gonna have a party at our house! ho ho ho

quote:

I think Nero's coming to the Trash on Sat Jan 10th! Also that's DownTown's birthday

well YeeHaw Downey,

my b-day is the day before yours!

we'll definately have to party that night [Cool]

NEW YEARS EVE

in the Patch has some good options

1) Dub Trinity @ Underdog $6

2) Spades @ MoHo $15

3) Blues @ Gordon Best $??

what do you recommend guys??

earthfreak gets in New Years day at noon, so i can't go too far (picking her up at the airport)

looks like my NYE will be spent at one of the above shows...

after talking with KevO and DownTown, i'm leaning towards The Spades, but not postive

even though i dont really like dub trinity id take them over the spades at the moho- 15 bucks versus 6 bucks- and the spades will be playing the moho every friday until the end of time.

also nero i believe is confirmed with pocket dwellers maybe on the 8th and ........

the rheostatics with peter elkas(ex local rabbits) and detective kalita all ages

thursday jan 22\trasheteria

advance tickets at bluestreak- jan 5

Nero & Pocket Dwellers double bill?? woooo!!! Can't wait - too bad it can't be on the Saturday though. Rheos last year at the Trash were one of my favourite shows of the year too.

Yeah Bones I think I'd maybe go with Dub Trinity too, cuz a) i think it would be more of a party than at the MoHo and B) the underdog has some sort of novelty to it (to me at least). Or if you want to shell out the big bucks you could do both! Both combined would still be cheaper than going to most shows in the big smoke. Pack a flask full of whiskey and you've evened out your spenditure! [big Grin]

i dont think ill be hitting any shows on enw years, im probably just going to jam and party and visit with all my friends who are back from uni over the break. if i were to pick one of thoe shows id do dub trinity tho, as they rock and ive only been able to catch them twice.

hey! yes, bones the 10th will be an interesting night that is for sure. double the birthday's double the fun. good job spelling my name right by the way...

for new years i've got to tell you i've only seen the spades once but i was really impressed. like i said before it's music in the spirit of the band and they really pull it off. they are all really talented dudes and i'm wondering what they are doing in peterborough. $15 is a little steep, but kevo's got some pretty good logic about that. the underdog is a way better bar then the moho, but dub trinity has never really done it for me. they will both probably get a pretty good turnout. anyways let me know how it turns out.

i'll be looking forward to getting back to the ptbo early in the new year. january is always a fun month...

• 3 months later...

Archived