Jambands.ca

The Grateful Dead's taste in musicians

kung

Stop posting people, I wont get anything done. I love drinking beer and talking about the Dead [Wink]

As for 08-21-93, RECORD LOW KNEE BENDS by Garcia during that fantastic Standing On The Moon.

Sooooo much energy.

(Hey Ollie, we gotta have a Dead night at one of our pads.)

As for Joan,

"She does a great Pigpen. "

Yes she does, I just dont get the rest of it at all. I know alot of people seem to, but I dont. Something seems a little weird, and a little off, BUT, her China Doll is fan-fucking-tastic. I am with Kung though, and would rather see her set to pasture. What happened to Rob Barraco? That man can fucking sing and do WICKED harmonies. Too many chefs in the kitchen right now.

Jimmy Herring NEEDS to take control of that band!

He is the real shit going down.........

quote:

I was pretty down on Joan until a friend gifted me soundboards of the Red Rocks run. She does a great Pigpen.

Lisa of Dark Star Orchestra also does a great Pigpen (from what i was told).

I know she wanted to sing some Pig tunes on the nights they do an elective setlist, but it never happens!

Some, (including myself) think Pigpen tunes are best left to a drunk bluesman in a leather vest

[Cool]

-

"(Hey Ollie, we gotta have a Dead night at one of our pads.)"

Let's talk. Are you gonna be at Irene's heckling your brother on Saturday?

"Some, (including myself) think Pigpen tunes are best left to a drunk bluesman in a leather vest"

Best left to him for sure. Just pointing out that Joan seemed more comfortable with his songs. Which is probably why she did them so well.

"...Dark Star Orchestra..."

A friend of mine is sending me a show by The Mix (Melvin Seals, Jeff Pevar, Greg Anton, John and Kevin from DSO). Anyone heard these guys?

"Anyone heard these guys?"

I had no idea they had done a show yet. I am somewhat intrigued to hear what would go down with those fugsugs.

(Ok, that's it. No more of this thread for me. I keep 'refreshing' this thread in between Xmas gifts I am making.)

Dirty fucking Maggie Mae........she gets me everytime!

Listening to 6/6/92 - one of the few dead shows i was able to get to - I realize that I fucking hate Vince...he really, truely, sucks....really.

Why the hell they ever decided to pick up that utter wad of a musician is beyond me...

no sir, i don't like him.

well, scoff all you want, but i saw vince play 'solo' in a halo beside a cow pasture, just outside of the venue that the boys were making their joyous reunion...

He played "cant always get want you want". "all you need is love". "satisfaction". and some other stuff indicating he feelings....

it was brutally funny.

i actually enjoyed the performance. he sang with heart and soul to the few of us listening, well us and the cows.

Vince may be a jackass alright, but i had the pleasure ??? no, the humorous occasion of drinking Jim Bean straight outta the bottle with ole Vinny one night in Arizona [Roll Eyes]

he is always just showing up at DSO gigs and expecting to sit in, no one wants to be rude (i mean he DID play with the dead for 5 years)!! but come on buddy.....enuff-z-nuff

how about a tubes reunion [Wink]

-

Archived