Jambands.ca

Tom Waits.....

Esau

Man I cannot get enough of this guy...such freakin great music,makes me wonder why I was never into this guy when I was in my younger years...the take of "Jersey Girl" is fuckin amazing,moving and downright sweet!!...as well the version of "16 Shells From A Thirty-Ought-Six" (which is live).(My two favourite Tom tunes)I downloaded this last week and its still in my disc player..

Tales from the underground Vol. 1 -5

http://www.cdtrader1.com/setlists/waits.html

Still 13 seeds on this one right now,if ya are into Tom then I say get this one...(as well as T.F.T.U,you get Tales from the riverside..)

6 discs in total. [Eek!]

Link to STG for the torrent.

http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgboard/showthread.php?s=&postid=285899#post285899

Smokey music.....man. -

I believe the album you speak of is:

Blood money.

I have been into em for years,at least since I was 21 or so.....oh so long ago...

I am huge fan of Bone Machine also...my collection is fair,about 10 or 11 albums,most on vinyl though...time to upgrade to CD I guess.

Had the pleasure of seeing em back in '92 at the Wiltern Theatre Los Angeles while hanging out after spring GD tour the show was a benefit for the riot victims of the Los Angeles riots,Los Lobo's got up and played with Tom..also was able to see em at the Orpheum Theatre in Vancouver '99.

Just amazing me that I was not into him during the 80's...I still cant figure that one out.

I have a few(9 maybe?),all on cassette though,doin the transfers to CD in the new year I hope.

I am currently working on a trade for 8 shows from 75 or 76...but once I get those and have my other trades and B&P's finished..we should talk.

man,,,glad this thread was put up..

It reminds me of a Tom Waits tape I used to have..

Its got the sounds on it like he singing in a diner almost.

You here like dishes and glasses clanging..

And some song that starts out with Hamburger or some shit in the lyrics..

Really phat...was wondering if anyone knew what that tape was.. I really would like to re-aquire it.

Lemme know...

The deal is sealed....so far I am gettin' (on cassette) the above mentioned show,but the good thing is the recording is from the radio studio..not a home stereo...as soon as I get it I am goin transfer it to CD...more shows in the works.(SBD's)

[big Grin]

Archived