Jambands.ca

Guided By Voices New Years setlist

kung

I don't know hardly any of these songs but here it is from the Ween.net kids (all 46 songs worth!!!):

Everybody Thinks I'm A Raincloud (When I'm Not Looking)/ Gonna Never Have to Die/ Back To The Lake/ As We Go Up We Go Down/ She Goes Off At Night/ Little Lines/ Mascara Snakes/ Apology In Advance/ Red Ink Superman/ Finks/ Subspace Biographies/ I Drove A Tank/ I’ll Replace You With Machines/ Bull Spears/ Queen Of Cans And Jars/ Idiot Princess/ Beg For A Wheelbarrow/The Girls of Wild Strawberries/ Things That I Will Keep/ Secret Star/ Salty Salute/ My Kind Of Soldier/ Christian Animation Torch Carriers/ Useless Inventions/ Dirty Water/ The Best Of Jill Hives/ Game Of Pricks/ Tractor Rape Chain/Skin Parade/ Shocker In Gloomtown/ Hey Aardvark/ Murder Charge/ Watch Me Jumpstart/ Goldheart Mountaintop Queen Directory/ Buzzards And Dreadful Crows/ Harrison Adams/ Cut-Out Witch/ Of Mites And Men/ Don’t Stop Now/

Encore 1: Skills Like This/ Alone, Stinking And Unafraid/ Glad Girls/ Hot Freaks/ Motor Away/ I Am A Scientist/ Echoes Myron

the Glad Girls in the middle of the encore would have made up for the lack of tropical robots...haha....first time (only) i heard them play that song live i swore up and down they were saying "hey hey black girls"...kept wondering why they were singling out black girls to get high with them...took me a hell of a long time to find the proper download...

Kung,

I have a friend who has been swearing up and down that I will love this band,I have seen a few shows for download on STG and have came across the name more then usual latley.Example: here on the skank today.

Stupid question for you.

Q:Would I like this band?

If it's "Weenish"...I may just like it.

..yeah I said that. [Roll Eyes]

Not really Weenish. Sean would probably be better at the description. I guess if you were looking for an analogous Canadian band the Rheostatics would be close. They're hyper productive lo-fi masters that have a knack for creating (seemingly) effortless haunting melodies and life sentiments. How's that. The front man Robert Pollard is something of an iconoclast, they're ragers known for their boozing and other consumables and they're live shows are legendary.

Thanks,I think I'll d/l a show.What the hell..its the very last day of christmas.

I sorta recall reading somthing about their shows and the mass quantities that are consumed,in a sublimal way that could be why I am wonderin'...I dunno.

Thanks for the rundown.

Cheers

They meld classic rock songwriting like The Who and The rolling Stones with punk asthetic ala Wire and the infleunce of early Genesis with peter gabriel.

Seeing Tropical Robots live is a rarity with this band. Usually only played if the current line up only knows about 45 songs, there is a problem with one of the guitars / amplification or someone has talked to Robert Pollard before the show.

As We Go We Go Down was played a lot on their just-completed tour, including their Toronto show. I think that was the first time I ever saw them play it live, in the 31 times i have seen them.

GBV are in many ways the Grateful Dead of the 90s school of American indie rock. I could write a compendium about the similarities, but I don't want to bore you all to tears.

Also, the first two songs played on their NYE show were debut performances of songs just recorded in December for their next full length record.

GBV isn't like Ween at all, but if you like Slanted and Enchanted -era Pavement, you might love this band.

Archived