Jambands.ca

James Brown is coming to funk up Toronto

NewRider

happy dayz!!! seen him twice, the first time, is a story.. one of my best friends is a huge fan... and about a week before the show--(april-97--the docks) myself and our friend Dean were visiting him at the bar... he told us he had a dream that the three of us got up on stage with the man!!! So, we tried to think of a way to get ourselves up there, so we decided to dress up... Nick wore a nice black tux, looked sweet.. myself, I had a loud 70's chocolate brown velour tux, with a beige frilly shirt and a giant bow tie... looked ridiculous and phat all at the same time.. and Dean had a baby blue leisure suit with a white shirt, white leather belt, and white patten leather shoes... but, the store he got them from only had two left ones left... haha.. Unfortunately, we didn't get to the stage. but on mushrooms, watching your buddy groove with two left shoes was fuckin priceless!!!!haha... anyways, long live the Godfather!!

quote:

Originally posted by CyberHippie:

Don't get me wrong, I have tons of respect for James Brown, but I'll be skipping this one. I caught his set at Bonnaroo last year, and it was a *major* disapointment. IMO it's done and over, he's too old now. I wish I'd caught him a few years ago when he was still given'r.

agreed. i thought for sure the heat would kill him at bonnaroo. must be all that sweet delicious crack keepn' him alive

-

Archived