Jambands.ca

The problem with jambands.ca

Daniel

I think articles written by anyone are welcome on this site. The problem with jambands.ca may be the lack of contributors.

I know the people that run this site are all hard working people with full-time jobs + bands + families, etc. By the time the Watchtower database gets updated, a banner or two gets up, some site formatting gets done, emails between bands for promo are responded to, administrator emails get answered (tech problems, avatar requests, etc. etc.) there is little time for articles to be written. The site itself is more time consuming than it may appear and is only a labour of love and a hobby for those who work on it.

The content at jambands.ca is no doubt the strongest in it's discussion forum. People like you contribute to this site on a daily basis which of course we all appreciate very much.

I dream as well of front page articles, reviews and other content coming in on a daily basis. Who wants to assist? It would be most welcomed. [big Grin] So I encourage you to write articles, go to a show and review it, listen to a new CD, live show or DVD and give your opinion on it in article form instead of the forum. If you have a band to introduce, by all means submit an article.... the sky's the limit! GIVER!!! [big Grin]

It's fairly obvious that there is alot of jamband news in the states and there are sites for that. Jambands.com, jambase...etc, but this site doesn't copy and paste their articles. There are links to those sites though. The news, reviews, 'have you heard' section and the rest are all contributed by jamfans that enjoy sharing their experiences and thoughts here.

There is a lot of news that finds it's way into the sanctuary and at the same time the sanctuary can breed it's own news that sometimes gets added to the main page.

It would be nice to have a large network of contributers of canadian content since there is plenty going on in the various parts of Canada but at this time, I would need to quit my day job to tie it all in together. To do that, I'd need money.

For now, enjoy the sanctuary, watchtower database, reviews, photos, 'have you heard' articles, jamband merch for sale (nero shirts are now online), contests, and any of the music downloads that find their way here.

awesome!

well I just got myself a digital camera and I would love to send in pictures Im gonna start taking of nero/jimmy swift shows etc.

And I will even write some stuff if I have time or the mental capacity to do so , haha.

But really I love this site, and would love to help if I can... So basically can I send you any work I come up with, and you guys can do what you want with it? IF you like it, its yours!

I love the sanctuary, and all of you guys!

But whenever I log into this site, I dont even bother checking the articles that whoever wrote... why? because they are always like a month old! They should really update the site with new stuff to keep it interesting...

till then, I will remain a board nerd

Archived