Jambands.ca

Feb. 3 The Jimmy Swift Band w/Contact @ PJC

U.F.Production

One of the hardest working bands in Canada, The Jimmy Swift Band creates lush sonic textures that weave in and out of tight, danceable grooves. Half of their repertoire consists of organic instrumental material with influences such as Daft Punk and Lemon Jelly, while their other half displays mature song-writing, powerful vocals, and memorable melodies within the framework of concise arrangements. Although both elements of The Jimmy Swift Band's sound are starkly different, they combine the two effortlessly to bring their audience on a trip they will not soon forget.

The Jimmy Swift Band

w/ Contact

@ Pepper Jack's

Tuseday Feb 3

$5

Thanks for coming out to those that did.

I was suprised more folk didn't show. I was expecting about a hundred people (JSB at pepper jack's sounds nice to my ears) - especially since it was shane and loleta's last show around.

I guess we'll all HAVE to hit the shaker.

aw...shucks.

Jimmy Swift put on a great show but unfortunately nobody danced.

totally confusing night.

Contact rocked out a great opening set. Mike held back a bit mroe than usual and it really sounded tight. They're holding grooves a bit more then moving on to climaxes more now than when I first saw them. I can't believe how much batter Contact sound than before.

I was genuinely impressed with 2 tight bands on a tuesday night.

sarahbelle! thanks for the encouraging driving words. they helped out.

Archived