Jambands.ca

how to beat the winter blues

Jared

Actually, make plans with 8 of the coolest people you know, then drive to Quebec, hang out in a Chalet playing music, cooking good food, dancing, and sitting by the fire. The chalet should have as many windows as possible (although then the sun gets you right in the eye in the morning). Make sure the friends are all beautiful spirits that like laughing (it's okay if one of them is responsible for running a "$4.99-some-punk-kid-in-his-basement" hosted website).

That worked for me.

PS: I have a friend who picked up one of those light-treatment boxes (gotta be 10,000 LUX at about 12-18") and he's been using it for about three weeks and swears it's working.

quote:

Originally posted by Sunshine:

VVilly, I would describe the sun as more of a lazer-beam between my eyes.....but when you're running on "fatigue" it's really cool!

"here comes the sun....."

Walking out of the bedroom and seeing Sunshine in the sunshine. What could be better than that?

hey Jared

what kind of skills to you have to offer?

what are your interests (other than heady wives)?

one of the best moves i made (way back in my 20's [Roll Eyes] ) was to go back to college and learn a trade. There are lots of jobs for skilled trades people, that pay well! I was making $25/hr soon after finishing my first year of training.

I know you have a few VW buses...can you fix them? Does auto-mechanics interest you?

An apprenticeship might be something for you to look into!? go here Ontario Apprenticeship website

What about gardening? I'm going to get started on seeding plants for my veggie/flower garden this summer. You could always go do some wwoof'ing

just some of my thoughts...

It might sound like a cliche, but when I'm down, I try to remember that IT WILL GET BETTER, and, most importantly, how could we appreciate the good times if we had nothing to compare them to [Wink]

Hope you're feeling better soon Jared - there's been some great advice posted here (I think I'll try some of it myself)

Archived