Jambands.ca

so now what's this all about....

bONES

well, in all of this extremely interesting discussion, here is my opinion... I tend to agree with Esau, personally, I would not pay 45-50 bucks to see a cover band. That just isn't something I would be interested in... I think cover bands are great... beats the fuck out of going to a dance club, etc... especially a cover band that plays music I love... Rose Garland for example. I enjoy going to a bar to see them play. But, these big cover bands with their bells and whistles trying to make a buck, that is not my thing. I prefer to see a lesser known band play, and get to know their music while it is ripe. and one more note, I don't know the guys that are involved in the haste, and I am sorry for making it any of my business, but, there isn't any woman out there that is worth losing a friendship over. I hope you guys can mend some fences. anyhow. like the convo about music here. very, indepth.

quote:

I hate sparky.

OUCH [Frown]

I certainly can't understand this. I've only had the opportunity to chill with Bones a couple of time, but hes undoubtly one of the most selfless, kindest people I'm yet to meet.

I'm sure you have your reasons, but the old cliche stands in that hate is a strong word. This isn't a place where I'd expect to ever see something like that.

quote:

Originally posted by Esau:

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

I never got a chance to see Miles in that time (being only about 2 or 3 years old...), and, while I know the music quite well, it's still exciting to see/hear this stuff made live in front of me, up close & personal.

Aloha,

Brad

If it was advertised that it would be: "Note for Note...Word for Word" would it have the same effect or excitement level for you?

IMHO, the concept of "note for note" is directly at odds with Miles' music of that era; if a BB show was advertised as such, I might given them a chance, and if it was note-for-note, that'd be the last time I'd see them. Having seen them (several times), they do a good job.

quote:

I ask because,it doesn't and wouldn't for me.Atleast not for 45-50+ dollars,I would like some originality to at least show in it or at least their own interpitation of the music would be better IMHO.

....maybe its just me I dunno.

Well, I'll note that I've never paid more than $10 for "Bitches Brew". I might pay $20, but no more than that. I don't think I'd pay more than $20 for any cover/tribute act, especially when I can devote that money to several original acts, and probably get surprised much more.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived