Jambands.ca

SPECIAL SEEKING MUSICIANS

SaggyBalls

Okay...So here's the deal.

I'm a bass player with a drummer and a guitar lined up for a live drum n bass/groove/trip hop deal.

We're looking for keys, horns, percussion, vocals, turntablists, strings, and things(sequencers, samplers, dancers, interactive visual and video artists, etc) .

we can't forget about the interactive audio engineer...(tungsten?)

the players are London/Stratford based.

you can email me at newbold@graffiti.net or call me at 519.433.1733

it likely won't be incredibly focused to start, as everyone's kinda busy - and some things you have to take slow.

this is more of a side project that could really open up if we find the right people and start playing shows.

with the right vision, anyone can see

get to me and ask for rob.

peas.

it's the drummer and guitar/sax from SingThatYellThatSpell(lung butter).

if you know those guys you know they're able to handle it.

they kicked my ass on friday and it was a super shock to get asked to get together to make some grooves.

we were talking about getting another few players potentially. perhaps it'll develop into something but I dont' want to hone in on STYTS because that's a band I think everybody should try to see. i'd hate to start the avelanche rolling on top of it.

I'm Just looking for the right players.

keep in mind you'll have to be able to keep up.

this isn't going to be something too slack but i don't think we're going to be hard asses a la zappa.

the music will be solid, genuine, and relatively complex without being noodly.

we're all pretty versatile players.

I really hope that someone gets in touch with me. this could really take off.

just remember this...for the music we'll likely all have to practice a sort of tasteful restraint. you can't urge people to sprint then jog then walk then gallop. it's all about a saunter and perhaps some running on the spot...if that makes sense.

live drum n bass/jungle/breaks/loungey funky house/trip hop/beats/space

as a bass player i like to fill things in so if you're a guitarist or a keyboard just remember i'm not always a one note player and don't watch my fingering to get a key...i tune low to b.

i'm a bit wacky. we've all got to listen a lot.

keep in mind we'll all have to play pretty simply because everyone' going to want to do everything when we all get together.

i have a feeling anyone interested will be very enthused and excited.

these guys are really special players.

i'd like to get it working.

Yeah, I know the guys in Lungbutter... My band played with them once or twice way back in the day when they were called Soylent Green... Wicked players for sure... I've got on old demo tape from Colin's old band Casual Slacks that I still listen to.. Ask him to play Wu-Wei for you... Wicked song...

Good luck with the project... I'd love to hear it sometime.

AD

Archived