Jambands.ca

Roadside Attraction reunion gig tomorrow

MarcO

Just heard about this last night and thought I'd spread the word.

Roadside Attraction were contemporaries of the likes of Days Of You and the early Fat Cats on the Ontario live music scene. The line up consisted of future Fat Cats keyboardist Ron Elliot, guitarist Les Cooper (later of Uncle Violet and Holly MacNarland), Tone Valcic on drums, a singer/guitarist named Eric whose last name I can't recall, and bassist Dino, whose last name I can't spell [Roll Eyes] .

Anyway, back in the day, they were a hot band, packing La Luna with every performance and the raw talent in the band was immeasurable - all five musicians continue to be active in their respective scenes.

I've been told that tomorrow night, the band will reunite one time only for a gig at 33 Hess in Hess Village in Hamilton. Should be fun!

quote:

Originally posted by MarcO:

The line up consisted of future Fat Cats keyboardist Ron Elliot, guitarist Les Cooper (later of Uncle Violet and Holly MacNarland), Tone Valcic on drums, a singer/guitarist named Eric whose last name I can't recall, and bassist Dino, whose last name I can't spell
[Roll Eyes]

Dino Verginella

Eric.... Underhill, wasn't it??

I used to *love* going to see Roadside - five great musicians, five really nice guys. Things began going badly for them after The Hip started their "Another Roadside Attraction" festival, and everyone assumed that they were a Tragically Hip cover band.

Brian (wishing he could go to this...)

PS - for anyone who hasn't already done so, I recommend reading Another Roadside Attraction by Tom Robbins - one of the best books I have ever read...

Archived