Jambands.ca

Bullmoose CD Review on Jambands

Seamo

Thanks for the "Lessons Learned" CD review Jaimoe! We appreciate both the honesty and praise!

Thanks also goes out to Mike Bouchard, the man behind Jambands! Great work and thanks! It's on the jambands homepage but the link is below too. CDs available online very soon! www.bullmoose.ca

http://www.jambands.ca/EditModule.aspx?tabid=45&mid=453&def=News%20Article%20View&ItemId=83

Look out for a CD giveaway among other things! Come upstairs and say hi while at the NERO show in Ottawa this Sat night! Hope they raise lots of money...Bullmoose will be donating some CDs for the prize pack!

Seamo and Bullmoose

golly! everyone listen to jaimoe! bullmoose are a great band to see live in concert.

They played Elements on Valentine's day and totally had fun.

Everyone was busy gettin' busy so they didn't get a chance to check out bullmoose's sounds of love.

oh well. their loss...well...it WAS valentine's day...but still. a great show missed by many.

hope to see that people get out to bullmoose shows - especially since there are few players that have come from eastern ontario, even if they did relocate to montreal.

hey seamo...any plans in the works for a west(port)-delta blues ep?

I'll tell you what's cool about these guys. During bluesfest they came out to 40 main and did a killer set for the few people that were lucky enough to be there drinking in the sun.

We were all sort of laughing that this was probably the coolest of all bluesfest venues that day. Later on at night, there was a perfect acoustic version of "with a little help from my friends" sung by guitarist Eric with 6 part harmonies. On wrap up of the tune, all of the neighbours in the next yard exploded in applause.

This is a truely exceptional trio.

Thanks Canned and Bouche!

Appreciate the praise...40 Main was a howl! Big ol Mushroom trip with Taj, Pottie, you and the boys and girls! Maybe this year too! Maybe another Jam Back at the House for Canada Day too!

How is Pottie? Seen him lately!

Canned, Wanna do a west delta ep?

Seamo

Hey Seamo,

Speaking of good Swedish bands, have you ever listened to The International Noise Conspiracy? They are a subversive ( to Yanks ) throwback mod/punk band and their upcoming album is being produced by Rick Rubin. Oh yeah, they kick ass. Check out their last album: Survival Sickness.

I think the best " real " rock band alive today is another Swedish band called The Soundtrack Of Our Lives. Pick up TSOOL's last album " Behind The Music ". You will not be disappointed, especially if you like The Who, Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Kinks and garage rock. TSOOL's new album hits the stores on March 9th and I can't fuckin' wait. I love Swedish rock and roll!

We definitely dig Danko! We saw them at Wyliepalooza with Big Sugar and he kept chanting in one of the songs, "Who says Danko Jones can't rock a show?!"

Very cool band but still haven't seen them twice yet...Big European tour animals eh! We like to cover "Sound of Love" every once in a while! Have you checked out his Swedish Rock radio program? www.rocket.com

About the Hellacopters, I know Danko digs but I don't know about them. I will check them out...You mentioned Supersuckers along with Gov't Mule in the review...I'm about to check them out too!

Cool man...TO soon!

Seamo

Bouche, Oh I totally wish I knew where Taj was! I can't wait to hook up with him on our travels somewhere!

He did send a message to our guestbook on our last site and it was far out! I mean he was talking about living with some high roller in Morocco smoking mean shit and eating big ol mushrooms daily...You know...the good life!

Any talk of Pottie?

I will definitely check out TSOOL! I have been hearing a few cool Swedish bands of which you have mentioned already, these days as well! Too bad more of them don't get more exposure. I really love the Who though! I mean their sound is so raw and cut. Not uncut.

Had a great time in Ottawa on the weekend...Our show was packed and the NERO benefit downstairs was as well! Great for them!

I also had a chance to meet Todd, their manager and friend and Jay from Nero...Good dudes...Also saw some Dr. Hux folks...

Great and successful night had by all...

Will check out those albums man. thanks for the tips and keep'em comin!

Seamo

Actually, The Soundtrack Of Our Lives get a little airplay on The Edge ( New Rock 102.1 - CFNY ) in Toronto and MuchMusic played two of their videos from the " Behind The Music " album last year. TSOOL's new album is out next Tuesday. I can't fucking wait!! I've said this many times: TSOOL is the best real rock band playing today. They are better live too.

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

Pottie should respond about pottie.

POTTIE?

Do you still have Taj's post? Grab it and quote it in this thread. I'm sure it would be an interesting read.

Yo mangs, I am here and still doing pretty well, Taj is alive and well and living in Morocco right now, with plans to head out to Spain in the spring. He'll be travelling with a Spanish band down there, working on his books and hopefully coming back to Canada some day to visit his friends.

His e-mail is: zuvuyataj@yahoo.com

You guys should write him!!

Heres one from him:

WHOA boogers!!!! Hey there Jason!!! thqnks 4 the mail!! at last i can communicate as i am now in a town with internet.....Hey buddy!! i was swept away up to a Hashish millionaires mansion up in the RIF moutains of MORROCCO!!!True shit, my friend!!!! there i have been 4 the past 14 dazeBlitzoid completely smoking the finest hashish in a de World!!!Bomboclot!! staying in this 15 room mansion/palace watching and helping them to make Primo HashishHoley Bejezus!!STONED U BET!!! How in the world??? well at the border from Spain, i met 3 Italian dreadlocked youths and they instantly lliked TAJ olde pirate freek and said to join them in their motorhome !! we were going to the same town where i was 10 years ago.....we drove along to reggae music and fat spliffs!!WOW!! up to the town and ate there then they said come up to our friends place if U wish !!!well guess whqt next??!! so i have been up there 4 two weeks completely blitzoid making the finest Hashish and grooving with the natives they really like my guitar playing and all the rest......i shall write again soon gots to eat now!!!! care and Love 2 all my friends 2 Jeff 2 let him read this keep cool me Idren Jason and hug Dana 4 me!!..Groove On:::::::::TAJ blasted 2 bloodclot

Archived