Jambands.ca

Metric last night

AdamH

Huah - hot damn - boom shaka lakka.

Twas a damn fine show last night at Babylon, save the large contingent of lame-o ottawa folk who prefer to STAND ON THE DANCE FLOOR AND GLARE IF THEY FEEL YOU ARE ENCROACHING ON THEIR PERSONAL SPACE. I mean come on people, emily was asking why you don't dance, and TELLING you that metric was all about the dancing, and you still stood transfixed and in awe, or wait...no...stood there with your hands in your back pockets trying to look oh so hip.

I think I missed the first band but the second opener was excellent: thrashing and sonic booming music coming from a bass player and a drummer (with occasional keyboards). Of course Metric hit the ground running, played combat baby and big hits but saved a raucous Dead Disco for the finale. It was good, clean fun overall.

And I should also just say that despite my misgivings about individual jambands you all have my utmost respect because I know that, at any given jammy jam-jam show there will be people dancing, and having a good time interacting with the band. This is the achilles heel of some of the indy-nerd contingent

quote:

Originally posted by ahess6488:

I mean come on people, emily was asking why you don't dance, and TELLING you that metric was all about the dancing, and you still stood transfixed and in awe, or wait...no...stood there with your hands in your back pockets trying to look oh so hip.

thats when Esau starts crowd bowling "Watch yer feet!!" (good mind trick)

have to check out Metric sometime

Archived