Jambands.ca

A new reason to stay away from major malls...

NewRider

what, no canadian dates??? little byatch! what, no love for your home country?? pfft! that does it i'm not buying any avril lavigne albums. good thing i don't have any to return either.

but the true question remains.... will she be able to knock the reigning queen of the mall circuit out of her spot?

-

BAHAHAHA....that was pretty funny c-towns.....sorry to laugh Phishy k....you set yourself up for that one!!!!..I don't think your a bad boy...when I was 18 I got a west coast massage from a 38 year old dude and he never disrespected me...we are still friends!!!

Here's a story for ya-

I work for Coca-Cola, doing promotions and publicity. A few summers ago, before Avril was 'famous', I was doing a 'Coke Auction' promotion in Toronto, and she was playing FAIRVIEW MALL (Don Mills & Sheppard) to promote her newly (as of a week) released record. We were there giving out Coke, she had a makeshift stage set-up in the mall's atrium and she played for 45 minutes in front of maybe 200-300 people, mostly tweeners that had caught onto the fad early.

The sound was terrible, as her music was barely audible and I remember commenting on how bad the drummer was throughout the entire show, as we were right up there, 10 feet from her, doing our job. After the show, she was signing autographs and after she signed about 100 and was getting ready to leave, she came up to me.

Here's the conversation;

Avril- 'Hey you, Coke boy'

Shain- 'Yup, that's me'

Avril- 'you have any more free coke for me?'

Shain- 'I have some in my truck, but none here'

Avril- 'well, let's go back to the truck then'

Shain- 'Okay, but in a bit'

So I finished up my job handing out Coke and some swag to the tweeners while Avril's crew packed up. Then myself, Avril and her guitarist went back to my truck, as I was to be exchanging a case of coke for a bunch of CD's (that I used to give away). We ended up talking for like 30-45 minutes as she was clearly flirting with me and vice-versa. After a while, she had to jet for whatever reason so here was the finishing conversation.

Avril- 'you should come out to our show in Toronto next month, we're playing the Opera House'

Shain 'I got to work alot, but we'll see'

Avril- 'did you like the music'

Shain- 'honestly?'

Avril- 'yeah'

Shain- 'well, minus the lack of integrity, the fact that you're a poster girl for sluts everywhere and you all have no talent, yes'

Avril- 'fuck you'

Shain- 'you're cute though'

She took her case of coke, stormed off and I never saw her again. I probably could have followed up sexually on her, but she's two years younger than me and frankly, I'd rather have my sanity that her sex drive. I think I had a girlfriend at the time too. true story, even though I paraphrased a bit. The funny stuff though is true. I guess I should learn to keep my big mouth shut.

and on a side note, check this out-

www.thisisjosh.com

'The pride of Dansville'

[smile]

Archived