Jambands.ca

time machine...

ggrtrhhrtgg

quote:

Originally posted by bokonon:

i would go back and kill henry ford. it is nothing personal, but i think the assembly line has been a major contributing factor to the downfall of humanity.

yeah, what good is efficiency anyways?

ad

i really don't think killing henry ford would help. that is purely personal. i don't believe the downfall of humanity can be blamed on a single person or invention. each individual is a member of humanity and is able to live according to their beliefs. [edit - i see you aren't blaming it entirely on this one invention but i still think that's a pretty bold statement and in a way laying the blame on a society's decision to embrace his invention on the wrong person - ie why didn't he get labelled a psychopath?!]

as for me in a time machine --- i'd want to go back maybe a thousand years to see nature (can i travel in space too? i'd like to see a few places on the earth) without the large-scale intense modification by us humans.

quote:

Originally posted by beebombombbadabooo:

quote:

Originally posted by bokonon:

i would go back and kill henry ford. it is nothing personal, but i think the assembly line has been a major contributing factor to the downfall of humanity.

yeah, what good is efficiency anyways?

ad

the assembly line has enabled free market enterprise to go way out of control in my opinion. people that run companies no longer care about the communities that they belong to or the people in them. the assembly line has made the artisan obsolete and caused widespread environmental degredation. it has taken us too far away from the natural resources that we use to sustain ourselves. the assembly line has made people completely dispensable.

Archived