Jambands.ca

time machine...

ggrtrhhrtgg

Ok, I pick:

April 15, 1955

Des Plaines, Illinois

5 years old

-----------------------------------------------

Ray Kroc mortgaged his home and invested his entire life savings to become the exclusive distributor of a five-spindled milk shake maker called the Multimixer. Hearing about the McDonald's hamburger stand in California running eight Multimixers at a time, he packed up his car and headed West. It was 1954. He was 52 years old.

-

Ray Kroc had never seen so many people served so quickly when he pulled up to take a look. Seizing the day, he pitched the idea of opening up several restaurants to the brothers Dick and Mac McDonald, convinced that he could sell eight of his Multimixers to each and every one. "Who could we get to open them for us?" Dick McDonald said.

"Well," Kroc answered, "what about me?"

-

Ray Kroc opened the Des Plaines restaurant in 1955. First day's revenues-$366.12! No longer a functioning restaurant, the Des Plaines building is now a museum containing McDonald's memorabilia and artifacts, including the Multimixer!

-

I d just wanna go back in time to 77 - same age/condition - and go see Zeppelin in Seattle on a couple of doses(never did but i would then ) and party my ass off and then recover and go see the Dead a couple times finish off at winterland and ene meet up with Led zeppelin so I can hang out with Bonzo and keep him in my sights (not to have him found by jonsey+page the way he was found) - - and keep partyin if i was lucky enough to even hangout withem-----

Archived