Jambands.ca

Tree Ideas?

Blane

Hey all, I mentioned to Mike a while back that I'd be willing to help start some trees on this page. For those who don't know, a tree is a system for sharing a particular show so that anybody interested in having a copy can get one. They generally work well for getting copies to a number of folk with relative ease. The toughest part is deciding on what show to tree in the first place!

That's why I thought I'd ask what you might like to hear.

I assume that the preferred medium for the tree would be cdr, so I'll let you know a few of the shows I've recently converted or will be converting shortly. I"ll focus on local/regional shows, since it tends to be more fun to spread around music that some of the traders have seen in person.

I've got:

MMW 6-24-01 Toronto Jazz fest

MMW 6-29-01 Montreal Jazz Fest (with J. Scofield)

Phil 7-22-01 SPAC

Phil 7-22-01 Finger Lakes

Les Claypool opening set on 7-22-01

Trey 8-4-01 Great Woods

Trey 8-5-01 SPAC

SCI 7-13-01 Somerset, WI (with Claypool!)

Remember Shakti (John McLaughlin, Z. Hussein, etc) 6-30-01 Montreal Jazz Fest

Phish 7-2-95 Sugarbush, VT

Phish 7-3-95 Sugarbush, VT

Of course, there are lots of other options. Check out my list at www.phishhook.com/lists/Unitmonster and let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Hope we can have some fun!

Blane

I think a Trey show would be a nice thing to go around. And as selfish as this will be, I have no other reason for picking 8-4-01, except that it was on my birthday. I'm sure Trey played extra-god-like that day because the universe was in perfect alignment that whole day, the day I was born on.

well...if anyone has soulive, jazz mandolin project, garcia/grisman, coltrane, the grassy knoll, drums and tuba, the new deal, portshead, the wailers, sonic youth, elliot smith, keith jarrett, tim hagans(hagans/belden), charlie hunter, matthews/reynolds(dave and tim), jimmy smith, grand theft bus, st. germain, art blakey, patricia barber, elvin jones, grant green, zubot and dawson, supergenerous, bill frisell, mino cinelu, scofield, metalwood, richard davis, john zorn, tom waits, or anything else along those vast lines it would rule to know.

re: Trey 8-4-01.

Great show. Lots of fun. Wonderful Mr. Completely and Money Love & Change. However, the tapes that I made on 8-5-01 are superior in sound quality. I've compared my 8-4 source to the 8-4 U89 source taht's currently making the rounds, and it's a tough call between the two in sound quality.

Good sound nonetheless, it's just that 8-5 has AWESOME sound.

DOn't know if that tips the scales in favour of one or the other though.

quote:

Originally posted by Canned Beats:

well...if anyone has...coltrane...it would rule to know.

If you're into live Coltrane, there's a 7 CD boxed set of live Coltrane coming out in October. The tracks are from tours in '61 and '62, and some feature Eric Dolphy! Check out http://www.fantasyjazz.com/html/coltrane4433.html

Aloha,

Brad (currently listening to Ascension - Edition I)

Archived