Jambands.ca

REMINDER OTTAWAIANS

Giggles

Today is the Greyboy show at babylon.....I will remind you again that this will be a great show, and I hope I will see you all there. I know Oysterhead is tomorrow, but the chances of seeing someone of this quality this close to home is rare. $10, doors I believe open at 8:00 for the smooze party.

Later,

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Harpua-Have you heard The Greyboy allstars? Greyboy is the mastermind behind that project aswell as working with other well knowns (Karl Densen, Eric Krasno..etc)

I would say you were probably listening to tracks from-Mastered the Art, Greyboys latest album which is fairly hip-hopish but not in a normal hip-hop manner...al his instrumentals are recorded live off the floor- guitars, drums, bass, sax etc... and as I said before Freestylin' is an amazing album (listening to it right now infact). Marc Antoine on guitar (increadable guitar player) Harold Todd on sax and flute (amazing, very funky) and Karl Densen aswell playing sax.... awesome shit!!!!

If you can find any of these tracks: panacea, singles party, on the strip, lite bake, who's gonna be the junkie?- on his web site or anywhere than I think you will be quite pleased. I have a copy of Freestylin' and Mastered the Art if you would like to hear them....

Hope to see you there.

Yeah, I love freestylin' and the other oldies. But I heard Mastered the Art, and I was dissapointed with the amount of hip-hop style stuff. I like hiphop (like bunny rabbits right?), but i don't want it to take the place of acid jazz in any situation.

Or Jazz for that matter.

But i will be there. For SHOOOO-A!! cool.gif" border="0

As far as I know, it is Greyboy in Ottawa and not the Allstars....but as I said earlier, there is another band on before him (aswell as another DJ) and if someone is going to join him, I just don't know.

p.p- I believe Greyboy was already in Toronto...here's how it goes...I had a friend who called me last tuesday to tell me about this show. She told me that Greyboy is doing three Canadian shows- Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal...in that order I believe. It is a friend of her's who is promoting the show. The band that is going on before Greyboy is from Montreal, but I can't remember the name-sorry. I will find out later today though.

Gentlemonkey- I agree with you fully- I think -Mastered- is O.K but it pales in comparison to the increadible work of Freestylin' Greyboy is the creator of acid/jazz beats and that is where he truly excels.

Harpu- check out the earlier post I put up about this show (MUST SEE SHOW FOR OTTAWAIANS) to find out about the relationship between The Allstars and Greyboy.

Sorry I don't know exacts about the show tonight but I will find out A.S.A.P

Cheers,