Jambands.ca

Dave Matthews review

bouche

osw2.gif

In a move that smacks heavily of bowing to some weasely publicist's relentless demands, Ben and Jerry's ice cream has announced the creation of One Sweet Whirled, a flavor named in tribute to the Dave Matthews Band song "One Sweet World."

Hopefully, for the sake of the wacky corporate "hippies" at Ben and Jerry's, the ice cream won't be nearly as bland, boring, and gratingly inoffensive as Dave Matthews' insipid music. I don't know if it's possible to have a "plain" or "white-bread" flavored ice cream, but if so this will surely be it. Or perhaps it will be completely flavorless except for chunks of nauseating emotional pretense and interminable amounts of sickeningly saccharine "jam."

What average, middle-of-the-road, leftover 90s yuppie soft-rockers will Ben and Jerry's honor next? Hootie and the Blowfish? Sheryl Crow? Collective Soul? Natalie Merchant? The mind boggles.

-Robert Whiteman

That's harsh dude. Funny, but harsh.

Poor Dave. Jamheads just love to beat on him. Hey, say what you will. He's still the farthest left-of-center Major Recording Artist I can think of.

Hated his last album, but I'm in for the long haul.

One Sweet Whirled? Phish Phood? Cherry Garcia? Why is one cool and the other not?

Did anyone see the 96 DMB show at Barrymore's? That was a fun time...saw him a year later at the Gorge, not fun. The show made me almost as nauseated as the puking frat boys and girls at the show. I'm thinkin this frosty treat will have a similar effect. Yuckola!