Jambands.ca

feeling so anti-american lately

teetervillestation

its nothing personal against any of the regular folk who live and work in the USA...its just a feeling in my gut that the right-wing foreign- policy makers are trying to steer the west in the wrong direction. I hope desperately that Canada doesn't get involved. What gives the American decision makers the right to act in such a hostile way? Imagine if Saddamm demanded to inspect the pentigon and threatened military action if the US didnt comply! The US also has nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, and an aggressive military history. I would argue the USA is potentially as big a threat to world stability as Iraq is! And why Iraq? why not other Middle-Eastern muslim nuclear powers; Pakistan, Syria, etc? Actually, I think I know why - cause Pakistan doesnt have any oil. The worst thing is that King George II and his media spinners are using the tradgedy of last years 9/11 attack to fuel public support for his daddy's old war... I am totally venting and i could go on and on, but phew...the whole thing has an awful smell. I think i'll write a protest song-

"got to burn some oil...got to feed the beast"

yankee doodle get your gun...its open season on the middle east"

Guest Low Roller

(Why are you getting me started on this at a time of the day where the though filter no longer works...)

First off he's the first US president ever that lost the popular vote, yet was still "elected".

During the elections, the state with the most controversy was Florida, which happens to be the State where Dubbya's BROTHER is governor.

And who here believe's that the war on Iraq would be nothing more than Dubbya cleaning up his Dad's failure?

And let's see who stands to make a HUGE profit when there is a war and middle-eastern oil won't be reaching us anymore? Why American oil companies of course, who just happen to be owned by Dubbya's closest advisors/friends/scumbags.

The States spend more money annually on out-of-country military campaigns than they do on education and housing on their own soil. Face it, if you're poor in the States, you don't matter.

The U.S. has the largest variance between rich and poor than any other country in the world.

Don't believe the hype people! The States have the best propaganda machine since Hitler's Third Reich. I'm actually proud of Chretien (for once) for renouncing the military strike on Iraq.

The whole thing does ineed stink!

I really hope we (Canada) can keep out of it. It seems as though we don't have a whole lotta choice at times, they say jump and we say how hi... But, we have to keep our nose clean, and our fingers out of other countries pies.

Aren't they getting close to running out of time for no questions asked 9/11 revenge?

Hmmm... speaking of anti-americanism... I just heard that the winner of the TV show "American Idol" will be singing the national anthem at a 9/11 remeberence event in Washington tomorrow.... a wee bit commercial and distasteful for my liking....

From American musician Tom Smith (News of Sept 09 2002) :

This Wednesday, of course, is the "anniversary" of one of the most heinous acts in human history (as if it was something to celebrate). The Hypocrite-In-Chief has labeled it Patriot Day.

It is not a day for patriots. It is a day for two kinds of scum.

The scum who perpetrated the terrorist actions of last September 11th wanted to begin a war to destroy America, and that war is well under way; but it's being perpetrated by a different breed of scum -- the "patriots" who control our own government. Dismantling civil liberties, acquiring broader police powers, working in secrecy, accusing political opponents of being "unpatriotic", expanding kickback deals for political and economic allies such as Halliburton and the energy and timber industries, threatening pre-emptive and even tactical nuclear strikes on sovereign nations.... The reformed binge drinker who said, as President-elect, that it'd be a heck of a lot easier if our government was a dictatorship, so long as he was the dictator, is working hard with his father's underlings to make that come to pass.

Those who want to commemorate the lives lost a year ago might consider a somewhat different ceremony than whatever will be served up on television: Educate yourselves and others about the terrible, monstrous acts of evil being committed by the people in charge of our government. I do not support their stated opponents; al-Qaeda is a foul and motley collection of self-embittered murderers, and Saddam Hussein, an egotistical thug, is demonstrably horrific. But, damn it, our taxes, our children, and our freedoms are entrusted to a group of men who apparently want nothing more than to enrich themselves and their cohorts at our expense, to wage war as they will, and to take those vital freedoms away.

The Hot Link of the Week, bushwatch.net, is a massive clearinghouse of facts, analysis, and links to more sources of information and activism. We can't let this sit and fester, folks. The truth shall indeed set us free... but only if we do something about it.

I don't know what's more frightening, the US Gov't or the blind faith/apathy of it's people...

Anybody with half a brain can see the blatant, vengeful, opportunist agenda of the 'mini-me' George, unfortunately, this excludes the majority of Americans. If (or when) the US invades Iraq (and there's some reports that it has already started) at what point do the people rub their eyes and realize that the US has become (or has always been) that evil, fascist enemy they have all been programmed to fear and loathe?

How many American (+ allied) soldiers have been killed so far in the war on terrorism?? I haven't heard anything from official sources. Curious, isn't it? I have heard rumours that the numbers are shockingly high - if that is true, then how will the American people react when (or if) they find out? (...Vietnam..)

or... maybe we're looking at this all wrong...

Are we really all that surprised at how the U.S.A is behaving? Because to me, this war is as American as apple pie, lard-ass fast food, corporate criminals, racist hate-mongers, gun-toting murderers and grand-scale pollution.

Gotta love the good ol' U.S.A.!!

The whole thing stinks, indeed.

from bushwatch

The Kennebunkport Hillbillies

(sung to the tune of The Beverly Hillbillies Theme Song)

Come and listen to my story 'bout a boy name Bush.

His IQ was zero and his head was up his tush.

He drank like a fish while he drove all about.

But that didn't matter 'cuz his daddy bailed him out.

DUI, that is. Criminal record. Cover-up.

Well, the first thing you know little Georgie goes to Yale.

He can't spell his name but they never let him fail.

He spends all his time hangin' out with student folk.

And that's when he learns how to snort a line of coke.

Blow, that is. White gold. Nose candy.

The next thing you know there's a war in Vietnam.

Kin folks say, "George, stay at home with Mom."

Let the common people get maimed and scarred.

We'll buy you a spot in the Texas Air Guard.

Cushy, that is. Country clubs. Nose candy.

Twenty years later George gets a little bored.

He trades in the booze, says that Jesus is his Lord.

He said, "Now the White House is the place I wanna be."

So he called his daddy's friends and they called the GOP.

Gun owners, that is. Falwell. Jesse Helms.

Come November 7, the election ran late.

Kin folks said "Jeb, give the boy your state!"

"Don't let those colored folks get into the polls."

So they put up barricades so they couldn't punch their holes.

Chads, that is. Duval County. Miami-Dade.

Before the votes were counted five Supremes stepped in.

Told all the voters "Hey, we want George to win."

"Stop counting votes!" was their solemn invocation.

And that's how George finally got his coronation.

Rigged, that is. Illegitimate. No moral authority.

Y'all come vote now. Ya hear?

Red and white/blue suede shoes

I'm Uncle Sam /how do you do?

Gimme five/I'm still alive

Ain't no luck/I learned to duck

Check my pulse/it don't change

Stay seventy two/come shine or rain

Wave the flag/pop the bag

Rock the boat/skin the goat

Wave that flag

Wave it wide and high

Summertime