Jambands.ca

Newbie New York Tourist

Phunky Cauldron

So anyways, I'm going to hang out in NYC this weekend with my pops. Anybody ever been there and if so, got any suggestions on what a 23 year old dude and his 55 year old dad can do? I was thinking about taking him to see Soulive on Friday or Saturday night, but I don't know what he'd think. Any other cool attractions that are must sees?

Thanks for the ideas

I remember taking a tour of a few things like the NBC studios. They'll walk you into the Saturday Night Live studio on the way. You'll probably run into someone you recognize too.

Hell, that coudl happen anywhere in NYC. You could also find out the procedure for standby tickets for shows like Conan O'Brien tapings, or the Jon Stewart show. When I was there, you were guaranteed to get into Conan, the show was in it's first or second year.

NBC tour info

Jon Stewart (Daily Show) Studio address and info

Walking around NYC, time square, central park can have alot of entertainment value and it's free.

There are also some free museums as well.

I could use some NYC tips and advice too if anyone's willing!

More specifically, I'm trying to find out more about the funk/soul/nujazz dj scene.. London has DeepFunk and nights with Keb Darge and whatnot, in San Fran they have Stones Throw nights a plenty, etc.. I'm looking for info on the NYC version of this scene. Anyone got anything for me? Tungsten maybe?

Central Park is definatly worth taking a stroll

through(during the day, and depending on the weather!). You can check out Strawberry fields and wonder around. We when were there we

saw this a jazz band and the guy was playing two horns(very well) at the same time.

Tabacco Road may a good bar to check out, not too far off the main strip in Manhatten we saw a great band there before a show and it seemed like good band were a norm for the place.