Jambands.ca

This Just In: Star Wars III's Official Title Is...

Jaimoe

I enjoyed the Star Wars "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack Of The Clones." Yes they weren't the classics that Star Wars "A New Hope," "Empire Strikes Back" and "Return Of The Jedi" were but they were still entertaining science fantasy films, epecially "Attack Of The Clones."

I'm excited to see it this third installment will be even darker film than "Empire."

The original trilogy are amongst my favourite movies ever. They certainly rank high with my great movie watching experiences.

However, those last two Star Wars films were dull, devoid of soul and sterile, not to mention that the characters were poorly developed and the acting was stiff.

Hey if I think as an adult the first two installments of "Godfather" are my favorite films of all time. If I think as a child the original "Star Wars" trilogy are my favorite films all time.

Yes these past two don't compare. But Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi is fantastic, Especially in "Attack Of The Clones," while Obi-Wan battles Jango Fett.

There are scenes in the new movies that I like a lot - the aforementioned Obi-Wan battling Jango Fett ( Jango played well by the lead in the terrifying Once Were Warriors ); Yoda's fight scene with Christopher Lee, Ewan and the Sith fighting it out. However, every time computer robots fought computer generated characters, the soul got sucked out of every scene.

Yes these past two don't compare. But Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi is fantastic, Especially in "Attack Of The Clones," while Obi-Wan battles Jango Fett.

Actually, my girlfriend is quite a bit younger than me and has a different comparison perspective: She thinks the new films do compare because she feels the acting and dialogue wasn't good in the original three movies either.

She likes the new movies just as much as the original three.

Guest Low Roller
The title is great and leads me to think Lucas will do the right thing here.

You mean let someone else direct it? Yeah, I hope so too.

Actually that's interesting 'cus the original title of Chapter VI a.k.a. the third of the original movies was supposed to be "Revenge of the Jedi", but Lucas changed it 'cus the idea of revenge didn't fit with his concept of the Jedi as warriors of justice. The fact that "Revenge" is used for the Sith as a contrast makes perfect sense.

Did anyone else see most/all of the Clone Wars cartoons? A quite interesting way of linking the movies, although I'd really like to sit down and watch all 20 in order. I expect they'll be out on DVD before the movie is released.

Peace,

Mr. M.

Actually, my girlfriend is quite a bit younger than me and has a different comparison perspective: She thinks the new films do compare because she feels the acting and dialogue wasn't good in the original three movies either.

Well she's right about the acting at any rate. All I have to say is this:

But I wanted to go to Toschi station to pick up some power converters!

Exactly.

- M.

The only good actors in the original 3 movies were:

The guy hired to build the sets (harrison ford)

and uh...

Well, yoda was good. Is he an actor?

I think that the new movies aren't as good because of expectations. Jaimoes girlfriend probably has zero expectations of any of the movies, and can make unclouded judgement. Where as I am like "well jar jar certainly is a lousy replacement for Chewy"

The two new ones definitely weren't as good as the old three. I still enjoyed them, but not as much. And arrogant Anakin is a million times more annoying than whiney Luke. Looking forward to the third one (it should be called A New Hope - Hopeing it's good).

I saw those Clone Wars cartoons, the first 10 anyway. Pretty cool stuff!