Jambands.ca

Cake // Gomez- this Sunday!

gentlemonkey

OK here's the deal. I just talked to the Student Government person at SUNY Potsdam and all the online tickets are sold, but there are plenty of tickets available for purchase in-person at their office. No tickets can be sold over the phone.

He is going to give me a call back and give me the name and number of someone I can call on the day of the show to see if tickets will be available at the door.

He did say there were plenty and plenty of tickets left.

AD

Another update:

I talked to Eileen Loucks at SUNY Potsdam and she said:

"You can reserve the tickets with a credit card, and we'll save them at the box office, but I'm sure we'll have them on sale at the door. It really isn't a problem. We received the tickets so late that we couldn't possible sell all that we have left in the next two days. We'll have the box office open at 5 on Sunday. Also, there's stuff to do from noon to 4 in front of the Union if you should happen to come early."

Her number is 315-267-2588.

Sweet.

GentlemanMonkey, will I see you there? Or anyone else?

AD

Thats too bad AD...sorry to hear you got the screws at the border. I've learned to look them directly in the eye and use the force...say to self 3x's...these are not the droids you are looking for...its been working like a charm for years!

Gomez...yet another band I'll have to have a listen to. I can't say ever that I'm glad Phish is done but boyzers my heads been opened to worlds of bands since... :crazy: :)

Jesus...sorry to hear that AD...

Howler, I got really nervous as hell as we reached the border, I dunno why, guess all the stories I've heard (like AD's) but we got through no questions asked, so that made it a little more pleasent. Small town USA isn't that special, I guess I was looking for the stereotypical hillbillies, in thier hunting gear riding around on four wheelers, shotguns ablazing, but alas, got nothing other than one dude in a pickup with his four wheeler in the back! Thier was another dude, who walked into the "A-plus" with rubber boots, to get his 12 dollar 30 pack of Busch, which I found hilarious. (Mind you I saw a guy at Ottawa U this morning wearing shorts and Kodiak winter boots) Got to see my first ever State Trooper, you know, cowboy hat etc, I wanted to take a pic with this dude, like alot of people want to take a picture with our mounties when they are all done up!

The show...missed most of Gomez, who sounded great, missed them cuz Stapes wanted me to try "American Pizza" which I wasn't really fond of! Poor Stapes, I know I hurt his feelings, Sorry dude! (OK, it wasn't stapes' fault!! It was my own, I was starving, but I really did want to try an american Big Mac!) Back to the show...I saw the greatest mullet ever, this dude was straight outta FUBAR, then I realized FUBAR is Canadian, and I couldn't really say "Look at that dude!! Crazy Yankees!"

Opposite to AD, I really wanted to see Cake, my other cherry popping experience for the day. The venue was the University gym, filled with about 1000 college aged students, I think the perfect size to see a band like Cake play. They played alot of stuff I wanted to hear, and I bopped away the whole time...One downside...no booze!!! It was your regular "POP and CHIPS Party" Don't remember the whole setlist but some noteable mentions--Stickshifts and Saftey Belts, Satan is my Motor, Rock'n'Roll Lifestyle, Frank Sinatra, Daria, Sheep Go to Heaven, Never There, The Distance, Short Skirt, and new stuff, Carbon Monoxide, No Phone, and Wheels, all in all, loved the show!!!

The drive home was pretty uneventful too...Got a milkshake at "Stewarts" a "Stewarts Cola" and a box of donuts, contemplated buy a breaded chicken sandwich from that joint that I'm sure had been sitting there all day but decided against it...They do have free meat sauce now!!!

Anyways...That's it...BTW, don't ever get injured in Potsdam...The medics are kinda scary!

Edited by Guest

hehe, not to be too much of a downer in this thread but i just got a quote from my mechanic and it will cost at least $300 to repair my car...

talked with the customs guys last night on the way back and this morning on the phone and they're very apologetic and helpful, so i have no beef with them. just with the guy in the garage.

the real downside: i have to file a claim with Homeland Security and my insurance company, in tandem. Anyone wanna start a pool to see when I see my money again?

AD