Jambands.ca

looking for fans of The Band...

timouse

....to put together a set of Band tunes for a show sometime later in the summer. thanks to the collective creativity of the fine folks in Friends of Hefner for the inspiration for a name...

"The Cover Band."

i'd happily fill one of the drum chairs, i know that Dr Evil Mouse would add a guitar to the mix, anyone else out there with as love of the Band and a handle on their catalogue?

There's a version of 'Slippin and Slidin' on the 'Across the Great Divide' Box set from their 1969 Woodstock Festival performance. That whole show is around, and that track might be featured on the Woodstock cds as well.

I have the woodstock show but "Ain't No Cane" and "Slippin' & Slidin'" are not on it due to being released officially on the Great Divide box set & Three Days Of Peace, Love And Music.

There is an audio file "sample" of Slippin' & Slidin' here though (The Band's website) but its only 15 seconds long.

http://theband.hiof.no/sounds/band_sounds.html

I'd be interested in playing as well. I've been working my way through all the bands tunes as I "re-learn" how to play my guitar. I'd even play some bass if need be.

P.S love the name

all right snail! welcome to the best timewaster on the planet!

so all we need now is keys. paging a keyboard player with a deep love of The Band...keyboard player with a love of The Band please pick up the white courtesy phone :)

I think that should be 1 keyboard player/musical genius. 1 keyboard player/drummer and Tim will need to learn the madolin. I've been seriously looking at buying a bass (I've already got a practice amp from the Ruby Drake days).

well, i kinda had my heart set on 2 drummers a la the incarnation of the band that we saw at the masonic temple...i don't quite know if i could fill levon's mandolin shoes though. the band tunes have more than c d and g in them :) you should definitely try to score a bass though...you are the grrovemeister :)

and ya dave, 2 keys players would be ideal, but even one seems to be hard to come by. let alone a musical genius. paging teeterville station...ryan, are ya out there? 'ersh? anyone?

well, i kinda had my heart set on 2 drummers a la the incarnation of the band that we saw at the masonic temple...i don't quite know if i could fill levon's mandolin shoes though. the band tunes have more than c d and g in them :) you should definitely try to score a bass though...you are the grrovemeister :)

:blush: Grrovemeister you say. Thanks. I've got some practicing to do but I'll try to live up to that. I've also been working on keeping time with my elbows just like young Ricky. Now if only I had time to master the fretless as well.

P.S. not sure if this is the biggest time waster on the planet. Try working in the financial industry. I'm convinced now that the whole industry is just a make work project for slugs like me to distract us from what is really going on while feeding the pockets of those who need their pockets fed the least. Now that's a waste of time :(

P.S. not sure if this is the biggest time waster on the planet. Try working in the financial industry. I'm convinced now that the whole industry is just a make work project for slugs like me to distract us from what is really going on while feeding the pockets of those who need their pockets fed the least. Now that's a waste of time :(

okay, best entertaining time waster on the planet :)