Jambands.ca

Wilco?

Jaimoe

I've heard the Kool Haus ( worst name in concert venue history ) sound good: Ben Harper two years ago; Bela Fleck, also two years ago - friends tell me that apparently both The White Stripes and the late great Joe Strummer's sound was good too. Maybe acoustic based music like Wilco will play/sound better than almost every other recent band booked ( see Iggy Pop, the Doves, Billy Idol, Zwan etc... ).

Wilco will be great!

I am wondering if I have to rush to get my tickets. Last week I checked on TicketBastard and there were no tickets, as if it was sold out. I checked this morning and there were tickets. Do you guys think this will be a sellout after all?

Hey BS, I think you still have time to get your tickets. I think they will sell out ( judged by the sell out when they last played Toronto ). I'm going to wait a week or 10 days before I pick up my tickets. It's hard to sell out the Kool Haus.

DEFINITELY GO! I hear they are playing for free in Detroit in July for a festival.

If you have the chance, check out their documentary "I am Trying to break your Heart" Good on so many levels. The music, the battle with the record companies and a founding member leaves all in a year, all on a doc, and they emerge stronger than ever.

Amazing group - hope you have a great time - I am unfortunately unable to attend as I will me moving, but I hope you all enjoy!

One of the best lyrics of all time :

"The ashtray says

we were up all night"

Don't know why I love it so, but I think it sums Wilco up pretty well!

Archived