Jambands.ca

the old ball game

elemeno

I am going on Wednesday. Should be nice with the roof rolled back tonight.

FYI - I have gone to a couple games this year below face. Simply offer a dreaded scalper $30 for seats between the bases in the 100 level. When he asks for more, say "no thanks and walk away". They will chase you and ask for slightly more than what you offered. Once again, say "$30 is all I am willing to spend, and I will gladly give it to the box office", and continue walking away. Presto - you will be offered the tickets for $30. If this does not work with scalper #1, try again with another. It has worked every time for me this season.

500 seats are just nine bucks. and when you shoot up your junk at that altitude its hits you twice as hard!!!

come to the game greg pintch $20 from the cookie jar. mom will never know.

00000001.gif

Are you at home or work? I'll know more after 3 & get a hold of ya.

I'm with basher - gotten great deals from scalpers on at least 4 occasions this season thus far. For $37 we sat 3 rows behind the dugout against the chisox when zauny got hurt. I think the ticketed price was over $50. Since being so close, I don't think I can ever go 'up there'. I'll gladly pay more to be in the action, otherwise, I'd rather watch it on TV.

I'd be up for it today, just not entirely sure if I can make it yet. I sure hope its the Lilly from last week and not the other games this season!

Edited by Guest

Seriously! Delgado's making $4 million/year... Lilly is about $3 mil. Damn, we're paying batista 4.75 mil/yr... and I get nervous everytime that guy comes on and tries to close it out! We could cut a mil off his salary and kept delgado. Of course I know nothing of baseball business and am just using numbers as a guideline...its all about timing of contracts and such too. If Lilly pitches a gem tonight - I take some of the above back;)

Of course if Carlos waived his no trade clause, or if Toronto offered him salary arbitration ( and he accepted ), they would never have " lost " him.

Instead, they lost him and got nothing in return.

But... I'd love to see him batting behind Wells.

The Jays treated him terribly at the end, shoved him out the door and offered a measly salary as a PR move.

I was disgusted by their behaviour.

Wont see me at any Rogers Centers games. Not for a looooooooong time. If I had been a season ticket holder, I would have cancelled them.

If I were Carlos, I wouldnt have waived it either!

If you were Carlos, you wouldn't have seen The Grateful Dead, phish, or nero nearly as many times, and wouldn't be spending a lot of time hanging out on a jambands message board.

Aloha,

Brad

Seriously! Delgado's making $4 million/year... Lilly is about $3 mil. Damn, we're paying batista 4.75 mil/yr... and I get nervous everytime that guy comes on and tries to close it out! We could cut a mil off his salary and kept delgado. Of course I know nothing of baseball business and am just using numbers as a guideline...its all about timing of contracts and such too. If Lilly pitches a gem tonight - I take some of the above back;)

Delgado receives just $4 million this year but makes $13.5 million in 2006, $14.5 million in 2007 and $16 million in 2008, according to terms obtained by the AP. The agreement includes a $16 million option for 2009

They better pick it up soon. They really have to win 3 of four to stay in this thing....really missin delgado's big bat this year...tough to win games without that proverbial three-run homer. Rios looks like a fifty home run guy when he hits 'em, but they're way too few and far in between.